Transgender High School Athletes

The Founder

http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/ne...ansgender-bathrooms-letter-title-ix/84311104/

WASHINGTON — The U.S. Department of Education will tell school districts Friday that federal law requires them to allow students to use restrooms and locker rooms "consistent with their gender identity," escalating the pressure from the Obama administration on the contentious public debate over transgender rights.

In a "dear colleague" letter to school districts first reported by the New York Times, the Department of Education maintains that requiring transgender students to use same-sex facilities violates Title IX, the 1972 law that prohibits discrimination based on sex. The letter was provided to USA TODAY by two administration officials who would not discuss it publicly because it hadn't been sent.

"When a school provides sex-segregated activities and facilities, transgender students must be allowed to participate in such activities and access such facilities consistent with their gender identity," reads the letter, signed by two Obama administration officials responsible for enforcing civil rights laws: Assistant Secretary of Education Catherine E. Lhamon, and Principal Deputy Assistant Attorney General Vanita Gupta.

The move by the Obama administration comes the same week that the Justice Department and the state of North Carolina traded lawsuits over that state's law requiring people to use public restrooms that correspond to the sex on their birth certificate, providing an election-year clash on what's considered a volatile social and political issue.

But the guidance letter also consolidates Department of Education guidance that has wide-ranging implications for transgender students in other facets of academic life. Under the Obama administration's interpretation of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, schools are prohibited from publicly disclosing a transgender student's birth name or biological sex, and are required to change the gender on school records and directories when asked.

The guidance could also have an impact on participation in sports and extracurricular activities. While schools can have sex-segregated teams, eligibility for those teams may not "rely on overly broad generalizations or stereotypes about the differences between transgender students and other students of the same sex," the guidance says.

-------------------------------------

This is not the entire article but the beginning up until the bold.

I'm really wondering if the next push will be to desegregate gender sports and allow transgender individuals to choose the sport of their choice. What will be even more interesting if a woman who identifies as a man plays high school football and is recruited by a college to play....or a man who identifies as a woman plays high school ball and recruited by a college to play women's basketball.

This may be taken as a joke but can Juwanna Mann actually come to fruition?

b59441cfmkc.jpg

So this is a woman who identifies as a man on woman's team correct?

That's not what I am referring to.

What I am saying is a woman born a woman who identifies as a man playing on men's team and vice versa.

Just making sure we are on the same page.

Better yet....a woman born a woman who identifies as a male playing football and being recruited by Alabama.

The athlete was born a female but is now a transman playing on a women's college basketball team.

The athlete was born a female but is now a transman playing on a women's college basketball team.

Ok so basically still a female (biologically) on a female team.

I speaking of a male (biologically) on a female team or a female (biologically) on a male team.

That's why I made the reference to "Juwanna Mann"

I speaking of a male (biologically) on a female team or a female (biologically) on a male team.

The Juwanna Mann comparison doesn't apply here, because that wasn't representative of a transperson at all. It was just a guy posing as a woman to play on a women's team.

But, to your question, many transgender boys and girls have not been allowed to participate in the sport of their choosing, to which some have fought such rulings at school districts and in the courts.

I think it is possible that scenarios you provided could come to fruition, though a transman would more than likely not be recruited by a major school to play football.

The Juwanna Mann comparison doesn't apply here, because that wasn't representative of a transperson at all. It was just a guy posing as a woman to play on a women's team.

But, to your question, many transgender boys and girls have not been allowed to participate in the sport of their choosing, to which some have fought such rulings at school districts and in the courts.

I think it is possible that scenarios you provided could come to fruition, though a transman would more than likely not be recruited by a major school to play football.

Yea I was just using Juwanna Mann as a relative comparison of biological man playing with women that was it.

It is going to be interesting. I was unaware about the transgender person you spoke about above. I have feeling that there will be a civil suit filed against the NCAA for women's football and baseball.

Juwanna Mann was a cross dresser

60 Minutes did the piece on the swimmer at Harvard a few weeks ago...born female, got the surgery up top, now swims on the men's team. :confused:

When the term transgendered I used are they talking about those who have under gone sex organ reassignment or those who decide they want to identify as male/female?

Transgender is a term that describes individuals who identify as the opposite gender and also those who have made a full physical transition to the opposite gender through medical assistance. It's an all-encompassing term.

60 Minutes did the piece on the swimmer at Harvard a few weeks ago...born female, got the surgery up top, now swims on the men's team. :confused:

See that's what I was talking about. She basically got her breast removed. Yet, I really want to see a woman identifying as a man play football or basketball and get recruited to a college.

See this woman is not transgender. She identifies as a woman.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/02/jen...s-pro-football-league-at-non-kicking-position

So if a man wants to pose as a transgender woman to earn a basketball scholarship whats to stop him? A 4 year ride to a school like wake is worth over 300k.
And before you go there (you know who you are) I'm asking a real question and expecting a real answer.
The woman born a woman but is a transman but playing womens basketball has to make up her mind. Is you is or is you aint a woman?

So if a man wants to pose as a transgender woman to earn a basketball scholarship whats to stop him? A 4 year ride to a school like wake is worth over 300k.
And before you go there (you know who you are) I'm asking a real question and expecting a real answer.
The woman born a woman but is a transman but playing womens basketball has to make up her mind. Is you is or is you aint a woman?

if a man is good enough to get a basketball scholarship from a women's program posing a woman, you'd think he'd be good enough to get a scholarship to play on a men's team somewhere without having to go to such extremes.

if a man is good enough to get a basketball scholarship posing a woman, you'd think he'd be good enough to get a scholarship to play on a men's team somewhere without having to pose as anything.

I read that and it made my head hurt.

Sadly I think we will be heading down that road of a Caitlyn playing women's basketbal
l

if a man is good enough to get a basketball scholarship from a women's program posing a woman, you'd think he'd be good enough to get a scholarship to play on a men's team somewhere without having to go to such extremes.
There are plenty of dudes only good enough for naia or non-scholarship dIII hoops that would dominate DI womens hoops. Try this on. What if Alcorns womens coach decided to win the ncaa tourney she was going to recuit 5 transgender women? Is there any doubt they'd dominate? In today's climate would could criticize them and on what grounds.

There are plenty of dudes only good enough for naia or non-scholarship dIII hoops that would dominate DI womens hoops. Try this on. What if Alcorns womens coach decided to win the ncaa tourney she was going to recuit 5 transgender women? Is there any doubt they'd dominate? In today's climate would could criticize them and on what grounds.

You're assuming that any man transitioning to a woman would be automatically superior to straight women's athletes if, in this particular case, they underwent medical assistance to transition.

And we simply have little evidence to prove that would be the case.

He
You're assuming that any man transitioning to a woman would be automatically superior to straight women's athletes if, in this particular case, they underwent medical assistance to transition.

And we simply have little evidence to prove that would be the case.
Here is the the evidence. Every womens team in the sec and acc uses men to practice against because they are superior to the teams they will play. As a marginal athlete I've only played against 2 women who could handle me. One was juco all america,. The other played in the wnba. Nearly every dude on here thinks in their day they'd be a beast in the wnba

He

Here is the the evidence. Every womens team in the sec and acc uses men to practice against because they are superior to the teams they will play. As a marginal athlete I've only played against 2 women who could handle me. One was juco all america,. The other played in the wnba. Nearly every dude on here thinks in their day they'd be a beast in the wnba

Any person who makes the decision to transition does so for reasons more pressing than to gain an advantage in athletics.

It is very complicated and deeper than your hypothetical presents.

Transgender is a term that describes individuals who identify as the opposite gender and also those who have made a full physical transition to the opposite gender through medical assistance. It's an all-encompassing term.
That is poppycock. Some people will go along with anything.

Back