Top 20 HBCU's by Alumni Starting Salary- PV #1

I'd expect to see Norfolk State well above #20. Virginia has a higher per capita income than most places where Black colleges exist.

Engineering, Nursing, Education, and Architecture. Not far behind... those leaving the now 11 y/o MedAcademy and Agriculture related. Hmmmmmmmm....

This is bullshat. That is all. The govt has the real numbers but they not releasing them.

You have to understand Pop that the alot of the PV grads are in Engineering and such plus they normally get high paying jobs in a good working state with plenty of jobs like Texas. I am not shocked. Just like UT and A&M grads will have high salaries as well. It's more to do with WHERE they get those jobs. Most of PV alums stay in the state. California kids will have high salaries from those schools as well. Same as New York college grads. Most HBCUs are in the South and there in no richer state in the South region with companies paying more money than probably Texas. I am sure other HBCU engineering grads that move to Texas would be right in that number.

Where do the gov numbers come from as compared to these numbers?
Social Security Administration. They are tracking your Title IV Recipients and applicants (possibly) reported incomes after they leave your institution. This does create a bias though because your Title IV students are your poorest students.

Social Security Administration. They are tracking your Title IV Recipients and applicants (possibly) reported incomes after they leave your institution. This does create a bias though because your Title IV students are your poorest students.
How does the SSA know what school you graduated from?

How does the SSA know what school you graduated from?
Department of Education gives the SSA a list of social security numbers for each school, the SSA matches income data to those numbers and gives it back to the Department of Education. They originally put this system in place as part of the Gainful employment regulations that govern the for-profit sector since one of the factors they judge for-profits on now is the student debt to earnings ratio for their graduates.

They started tracking everyone though. They originally considered publishing the data last year as part of the college scorecard... They decided not to though because of political reasons.

Department of Education gives the SSA a list of social security numbers for each school, the SSA matches income data to those numbers and gives it back to the Department of Education. They originally put this system in place as part of the Gainful employment regulations that govern the for-profit sector since one of the factors they judge for-profits on now is the student debt to earnings ratio for their graduates.

They started tracking everyone though. They originally considered publishing the data last year as part of the college scorecard... They decided not to though because of political reasons.
But how do they know who GRADUATED? They get the list of SSN for every student or just the graduates? And just Title IV recipients?

But how do they know who GRADUATED? They get the list of SSN for every student or just the graduates? And just Title IV recipients?

I said only Title IV recipients (and possibly applicants) in my second post. Schools inform the Department who has graduated, who has withdrawn, etc.... SSA only matches earnings data to the social security #'s that the Department gives them.

I still stand by my statement. I think its unfair to rank it this way. For instance if you look at AAMU vs Spelman. Our highest percentages of graduates is in education and business. Spelman's is in Sciences. There will always be a big difference. We put out teachers which is needed in the black community. They put out folks going to med school or other post graduates schools. Not a fair comparison to me.

@CEE DOG @JR @jag4life @number1 @LS Syndicate

I tried to tell yall these numbers were utter bullshat.

https://collegescorecard.ed.gov/search/?serving=historically_black&sort=salary:desc&page=0

Top earnings 10 years after leaving-HBCU

1. Bowie State-
2. Xavier
3. Howard
4. Spelman
5. Hampton

There isn't a SWAC school until number 24 which is Prairie View.

I still stand by my statement. I think its unfair to rank it this way. For instance if you look at AAMU vs Spelman. Our highest percentages of graduates is in education and business. Spelman's is in Sciences. There will always be a big difference. We put out teachers which is needed in the black community. They put out folks going to med school or other post graduates schools. Not a fair comparison to me.
That isn't the only factor in the rankings. I was simply pointing out how I knew the numbers that in that original article were bullshat.

I still don't see where the stats come from. That was always my question.
I answered this the first time. The Social Security Administration. If you have ever received any Title IV aid, the Department of Education has your social saved along with where you went to school at. They simply give the data to SSA to match with salary data.

It's like UAH in Huntsville. UAH is always listed as the best return value in Alabama for a degree. White folks and the Black's who attended UAH love to throw this at you. Well UAH for one is the only white show in a government town who gets these contacts, and they have nothing but Science and engineering programs. They just started trying to grow their education programs and business. So if you graduate mostly engineer's and scientist they should have a higher return then teachers and agriculture that we graduate. Now am I wrong? Alabama ranks 46th in education. Imagine the impact on blacks if AAMU and Bama St didn't graduate black teachers?

Back