Top 10 Bands That Are On Tap For The Sudler Trophy

Actually, NWST (Northwestern State in Nat, La) has a very, very good band program. You don't have to "hunch" the ground and/or hump the air to be considered good. lol

Didn't say Northwestern didn't have a good band but The Sudler Trophy is awarded annually to a college or university marching band which has demonstrated the highest musical standards and innovative marching routines and ideas, and which has made important contributions to the advancement of the performance standards of college marching bands over a period of years.

GSU and SU should have had The Sudler years ago if that's the case.

Didn't say Northwestern didn't have a good band but The Sudler Trophy is awarded annually to a college or university marching band which has demonstrated the highest musical standards and innovative marching routines and ideas, and which has made important contributions to the advancement of the performance standards of college marching bands over a period of years.

GSU and SU should have had The Sudler years ago if that's the case.

I absolutely agree.

Didn't know NW made such a come up.. I saw them twice while in SU band... wasn't nothing to write home to mom and pops about... Actually we took their crowd every time we went there...

Didn't know NW made such a come up.. I saw them twice while in SU band... wasn't nothing to write home to mom and pops about... Actually we took their crowd every time we went there...

That's what i'm saying, they are a average band. They sound good but they do nothing that makes them stand apart from other bands.

NWSt's band is pure shat. I was agreeing with usa today about the fact that SU and GSU should have had a Sudler by now. One o my best friends played in NWSt's band and he hated every minute of it. :lol:

NWSt's band is pure shat. I was agreeing with usa today about the fact that SU and GSU should have had a Sudler by now. One o my best friends played in NWSt's band and he hated every minute of it. :lol:

Man I remember in 96 and 98 them cats coming to up to us with that " manWe wish we can play with yall" look....lol

Man I remember in 96 and 98 them cats coming to up to us with that " manWe wish we can play with yall" look....lol

I grew up in Natchitoches and saw them all the time. They sound great but not much else. Their director at the time virtually offered me a scholarship which I politely declined. When he asked why, I told him I was headed to Grambling! He could only smile (lol)...

Back