Titans rookie Jones charged with assault, felony vandalism

Tiger1

Wednesday, 07/13/05

By PAUL KUHARSKY
Staff Writer

Titans first-round draft pick Adam ?Pacman? Jones turned himself in to Metro police this morning at team headquarters and arrived at night court in handcuffs to be served with warrants charging two counts of assault and one count of vandalism.

The charges stemmed from an early morning incident at 615, a nightclub near the Coliseum that still has signage identifying it as The Trap. Jones had left in a limousine before police arrived at the scene, so no officer witnessed any of the alleged crimes.

The club?s manager and part owner, Robert Gaddy, a one-time lineman for the AFL Nashville Kats, and his younger brother, Lamar Woodson, pressed charges.

Gaddy, a longtime friend and business associate of Titans quarterback Steve McNair, said Jones then called him just before 9 a.m. this morning threatening to sue him, promising to return to the club and ?talking crazy.?

?I was through with it,? Gaddy said. ?He?s apparently not.?

After Jones and his friends moved outside the club, Gaddy said they fought among themselves and got in and out of their limousine for some time before departing.

The 6-foot-5, 330-pound Gaddy said he could have easily won a physical confrontation with Jones, who was listed on the arrest report as 5-10, 190.

?He put his hands on me, ?Gaddy said. ?I didn?t want to beat the p? out of him, I just wanted him to leave. But he didn?t want to leave, he was showing off for the individuals in the limo with him ?

?The Titans need to get him some psychological help. Otherwise he?s going to get in serious trouble.?

Jones, a former West Virginia cornerback, was the first defensive player selected in April?s NFL draft.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050713/SPORTS01/50713007

What's wrong with this kid? I guess he just wants to give some of his new found money to the courts and to the Club owner. I hope he changes his path and surround hisself with positive people.

I was reading another article about this. It said this all started because the club owner asked his friends to leave because they were smoking dope in the club.

Another case of KNOW WHO THE HELL YOU HANGING WITH.
If they were with him and did this, he need to cut them loose and check himself for clowning with them.

They didn't say he was "smoking" with them, but still, it's stupid to be with them doing this in his situation. :shame:

Tiger1 said:
Wednesday, 07/13/05

By PAUL KUHARSKY
Staff Writer

?He put his hands on me, ?Gaddy said. ?I didn?t want to beat the p? out of him, I just wanted him to leave. But he didn?t want to leave, he was showing off for the individuals in the limo with him ?

?The Titans need to get him some psychological help. Otherwise he?s going to get in serious trouble.?

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050713/SPORTS01/50713007

I don't know about y'all...but that was a funny arse quote....

^^^^^^

LOL, it's one of those quotes that's funny but true. Gaddy was a lineman at Alcorn when McNair played there. He serves as his bodyguard and goes about 6-5, 330. Pac-Man on his best day is about 5-9, 185 (which further shows that he isn't too bright). So chances are, he would have gotten his arse kicked to sleep.

JaguarNation99 said:
^^^^^^

LOL, it's one of those quotes that's funny but true. Gaddy was a lineman at Alcorn when McNair played there. He serves as his bodyguard and goes about 6-5, 330. Pac-Man on his best day is about 5-9, 185 (which further shows that he isn't too bright). So chances are, he would have gotten his arse kicked to sleep.

Pac-man woulda gotten his arse gobbled up runnin up on big man like that....my problem is..someone in his crew shoulda stopped him from gettin into that kind of situation..

Just like Rodman's old bodyguard (an ex-cop) said about hangers-on...if they're not around to protect you, they're a lackey. And athletes/celebrities don't need lackies.

Back