Tinsley Takes First at NCAA Regionals, Eyes National Championship

bluphiiijsu

Creative Director
Tinsley Takes First at NCAA Regionals, Eyes National Championship
Southwestern Athletic Conference

KNOXVILLE, TN - JSU's Michael Tinsley lived up to the hype surrounding him Saturday, as he cruised to a first place finish at the NCAA Mideast Regional Championships at the University of Tennessee.

Tinsley broke his previous Regional record in the 400 Meter Hurdles, setting a new mark of 48.63 while capturing the championship.

?It surprised me a little bit. I didn?t think I would run that fast today,? Tinsley said about setting the meet record, again. ?I ran a 48 earlier this year, but I didn?t think I would do it today.?

Joel Williams, also of Jackson State earned a spot in the National Championship with a 4th place finish in the 800 Meter Run.

SWAC High Jump Champion Arthur Hinton, of Alabama State, tied for 3rd place in the men?s high jump with a leap of 6 feet, 11inches.

Previously, Monica Robinson of Southern University, the only female athlete from the SWAC to qualify for the National Championships, was crowned Long Jump Champion.

The National Championships are set for June 7-10 and will be televised by CSTV and CBS.

http://www.jsutigers.com/sports/indoor_track_m/189

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Mike T is bringing some notoriety to the Jackson State program. A few big name schools are looking at Coach Donald.

C-LeB28 said:
Mike T is bringing some notoriety to the Jackson State program. A few big name schools are looking at Coach Donald.
Mike T is definitely bringing the notoriety.

And I'm not surprised they want Coach Donald. He's a great teacher/coach.

Some contracts are being thrown Mike's way so Jackson State and SWAC fans, appreciate his greatness now!

Back