This coaching merry-go-round has gotta stop!!(James Bell got a new job))

Re: This coaching merry-go-round has gotta stop!!

The man got to eat.........Everyone deserves a second chance...............:lol: :emlaugh: (good luck dumbbell). :lol: :emlaugh:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

"James Bell is the kind of person who has the kind of heart, the kind of Christian commitment, the kind of attitude, the kind of ability and the kind of connections that will see the university produce winners not only off the field but also on the field in the years ahead," said Dr. Eugene B. Habecker, Taylor president.

:read:

I wonder what TGO/TP has to say about it finally coming to light that they really did hired a D2 coach? :emlaugh:

bluedog said:
I wonder what TGO/TP has to say about it finally coming to light that they really did hired a D2 coach? :emalugh:

Will TGO, TP, and company get Taylor University shirts? :idea: :goof:

James Bell chosen as Taylor University Head Football Coach

http://www.taylor.edu/community/news/coach_02-17-06.htm

Bell Chosen to Lead Taylor FootballFebruary 17, 2006

The Taylor University athletic department announces the hiring of James Bell to fill the position of head football coach.

Bell, who has been coaching in the collegiate ranks for 25 years, comes to Taylor following a three-year stint as head coach at NCAA Div. I Jackson State.

"James Bell is the kind of person who has the kind of heart, the kind of Christian commitment, the kind of attitude, the kind of ability, and the kind of connections that will see the University produce winners not only off the field but also on the field in the years ahead," said Dr. Eugene B. Habecker, Taylor president.

?I think we can expect great things under Coach Bell?s leadership. And I am personally thrilled that he has accepted our invitation to be the head football coach at Taylor University,? he added.

"I am excited about getting on board with Taylor University,? said Bell. ?President Habecker has a vibrant vision for Taylor, and we are ready to join in that vision of excellence. I want to do my part to be a positive contributor to the athletic department and to the University as a whole."

Athletic Director David Bireline said Bell brings strong credentials to the Taylor program. "Taylor athletics is very excited about Coach Bell and the whole-person approach he exhibits,? he said. ?Not only has his football background allowed him to work with some of the country's leading coaches, his educational background will allow him to contribute to the PHP department. We are looking forward to his leadership in the football program."

Bell comes with a reputation as a defensive innovator, having held defensive coordinator positions at the University of North Texas, Wake Forest University, and Indiana University, in addition to serving as defensive backs coach at the University of Louisville. During Bell?s tenure, IU became the second most improved defense in the nation during the 2001 season, going from 38.8 to 27.1 points allowed per game.

During the 1997 season at Wake Forest, Bell?s Demon Deacons? defense ranked 10th nationally in opponents? runners, allowing only 96.1 rushing yards per game. The 1999 Wake Forrest team held opponents to 18.7 points per game (18th in NCAA Division I) and won the Jeep Aloha Bowl enroute to a 7-5 record.

Prior to heading to Wake Forest, Bell helped lead North Texas to a Southland Conference championship.

While heading up the defensive backfield at Louisville, the Cardinals became the 1993 Liberty Bowl champions. Overall five defensive backs under Bell's direction have been drafted by NFL teams.

Bell has enjoyed a career filled with working side-by-side some of the top names in football. At Louisville, he coached under the legendary Howard Snellenberger. While at Wake Forest, Bell teamed with current Indianapolis Colts quarterback coach Jim Caldwell. During his stint at IU, Bell served with Cam Cameron, who has since become the offensive coordinator of the San Diego Chargers.

Caldwell, who has spoken at Taylor football meetings several times in recent years, said Bell will be a strong positive influence, "James Bell is an outstanding Christian coach, father and husband who will be a tremendous asset to the Taylor University community,? he stated. ?James will provide great leadership while developing a winning philosophy without compromising his Christian values. He is an intelligent taskmaster with an unusual ability to organize, recruit and create an atmosphere for success on and off the field."

He earned his bachelor's degree from Central Arkansas, where he was a honorable mention NAIA All-American. He received his master's degree in education and athletic administration from Northwest Missouri State.

Bell and his wife, Alfreida, have a daughter Curtisha, age 21, and a seven-year-old son, Aeneas.

The guy was unsuccessful at JSU...........................come to think of it, he was unsuccessful at Chavez High School, too.

Damn..............I hope he does well at Taylor. Good Luck.

Re: James Bell chosen as Taylor University Head Football Coach

let the stink and decay begin....

Taylor lost every game next year.

9/10 Anderson 1:30 L:14-52 0-1
9/17 William Penn 1:30 L:22-25 0-2
9/24 at St. Ambrose (Davenport, IA) 1:00 L:7-56 0-3
10/1 at Quincy* (Quincy, IL) 1:00 L:19-26 0-4, 0-1
10/8 Urbana* 1:30 L:17-30 0-5, 0-2
10/15 Walsh* 1:30 L:14-45 0-6, 0-3
10/22 at St. Francis* (Ft. Wayne, IN) 12:00 L:0-55 0-7, 0-4
10/29 Geneva* 1:30 L: 0-42 0-8, 0-5
11/5 at Malone* (Canton, OH) 1:00 L: 32-34 0-9, 0-6
11/12 at Ohio Dominican* (Columbus, OH) 12:30 L: 34-42 0-10, 0-7

It is good to see a black man on the merry go round. Those seats are normally reserved for white coaches. Anytime a black man can find a job with legal responsibilities, it is a great day!

bluedog said:
I wonder what TGO/TP has to say about it finally coming to light that they really did hired a D2 coach? :emlaugh:

LOL! Get Ready already knew that Bell was taking the job at Taylor University. Get Ready is Bell's right-hand man.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

bluedog said:
Yeah my school had a losing season last year because of Bell.
What was SUs excuse again?

Taylor? Oh well

I guess Taylor U. wants to continue the losing streak. The coach who shall remain nameless must have impressed them with his very detailed and complex playbook. :vomit:
Run right.
Run left.
Run up the middle.
Get Delay of Game.
Punt.
Thumb your nose at the booing fan whose tired of watching that crap.

staggalee83 said:
I'M BACK BYOTCHES!!

This is TRULY SAAAAAAAAAAAD!!

:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

This got to be a joke right? Well, the article said the school was 0-10 we know he can improve that to 2-8.:rolleyes: :shame: He is good for about 3 wins a year.:lmao: Glad he their and not back with J-State

Get Ready said:
Yeah my school had a losing season last year because of Bell.
What was SUs excuse again?

Taylor? Oh well

We're SU we don't make excuses. You need to stop hangin out with them bamas. :lol:

Back