The City That's Alway's Been Good To Us: Jackson, MS

C-LeB28

Sollie Norwood (6-2, 175, Fr., Jackson, MS) has a reputation as a lights-out shooter. He led his high school on a 15 game winning streak, until they lost in the state finals to Lanier High School. Norwood graduated from Jim Hill High School.

Thanks again Jackson!!! :tup:

Nice pick-up, TSU! Norwood is actually the third person TSU has signed from Jackson- Jim Hill. (Rod Beechem in 1997, and Akil Butler (2000) played at JH until his senior year).

I've been watching him since his tenth grade year and never thought that he would blossom into a D1-caliber player. There are some in the Jackson-area that wanted Norwood, but I begged to differ. He's a shooter....don't get me wrong, he can light it up, but he's not a scorer. He has a hard time creating his own shot, but he does move well without the ball. He's a poor man's Reggie Miller. His defense has improved over the years, but he has a long way to go. He worked well in our coach's system at Jim Hill, though he struggled against good players in the city like Charlie White, Monta Ellis, Al Graham and Jeremy Wise.

He'll be dangerous, though. :tup:

LS Syndicate said:
Nice pick-up, TSU! Norwood is actually the third person TSU has signed from Jackson- Jim Hill. (Rod Beechem in 1997, and Akil Butler (2000) played at JH until his senior year).

...and Harry "Machine Gun" Kelly and Kevin Adams (which is Norwood's cousin who was apart of the back to back SWAC championship teams in 95-96).

Thanks Get Ready and Robber. :tup:

Tell Battle Cat thanks too. :lol:

Don't thank me. I had nothing to do with the signing. I was hoping he'd sign with us, because when Sollie is on, he is on. I ain't mad at y'all.

Robber said:
Don't thank me. I had nothing to do with the signing. I was hoping he'd sign with us, because when Sollie is on, he is on. I ain't mad at y'all.

I can detect the furious keystrokes when you type man. It's just not that serious. He was just following in the footsteps of his big cousin Kevin Adams.

I've been watching him since his tenth grade year and never thought that he would blossom into a D1-caliber player. There are some in the Jackson-area that wanted Norwood, but I begged to differ. He's a shooter....don't get me wrong, he can light it up, but he's not a scorer. He has a hard time creating his own shot, but he does move well without the ball. He's a poor man's Reggie Miller. His defense has improved over the years, but he has a long way to go.

Sounds like a duplicate of his uncle.

If this the case, we are in good shape.

hey, at least you got a coach......it was a compliment..can't you see that?

we're a tennis, baseball and softball school for now...

Back