Texas Southern Set to Participate in Exhibition Games in China

I thought the purpose of these tours was to get your upcoming team prepared. I don't see the purpose of playing Gibbs.

I thought the purpose of these tours was to get your upcoming team prepared. I don't see the purpose of playing Gibbs.

You're incoming transfers (as well as Derrick Griffin) aren't eligible yet until the upcoming fall semester so the NCAA allows players who were eligible at the end of the previous Spring semester (even if their eligibility is exhausted) to play for the team.

You're incoming transfers (as well as Derrick Griffin) aren't eligible yet until the upcoming fall semester so the NCAA allows players who were eligible at the end of the previous Spring semester (even if their eligibility is exhausted) to play for the team.

I saw his participation coming a mile away given how much Davis likes that young man as a person. Even if he wasn't eligible to play, he was going to travel with them on that trip.

If the Asian population @ sTu starts to explode soonest, I'll know for sure this wasn't just a good-will trip but rather was cloaked to be a recruiting trip lol.

Great exposure and experience for those who've never gone abroad.

that sounds like a cool trip, sTu will have the first Yao Ming in the SWAC

We got our good eye on you

They are over there recruiting; I'm not fooled. If they wanted some good summer games, they could have drove right on up the freeway a little piece and participated in this one league that's ending next week that's decently competitive lol.

Last edited:
If the Asian population @ sTu starts to explode soonest, I'll know for sure this wasn't just a good-will trip but rather was cloaked to be a recruiting trip lol.

Great exposure and experience for those who've never gone abroad.

They are over there recruiting; I'm not fooled. If they wanted some good summer games, they could have drove right on up the freeway a little piece and participated in this one league that's ending next week that's decently competitive lol

Why do you think that Bewild?

http://www.tsuci.org/index.html

so, what was the result of this trip. successful? plans for a return or other overseas tournaments in the near future?

THE CONFUCIUS INSTITUTE AT TSU
LO_TSUCI@2x.png

The Confucius Institute at Texas Southern University is the only such international education and language program located in the Houston area. TSU’s President John Rudley signed an agreement with the Chinese government to establish the Confucius Institute at the TSU campus. The program is under the administration of Dean Danille Taylor of the College of Liberal Arts & Behavioral Sciences. The Confucius Institute houses academic and cultural programs related to the Chinese language, literature, history, and customs. Associate Professor Roger Hart is the Center’s director. The Confucius Institute is a partnership between TSU and Beijing Jiaotong University, the leading technology university in China. The Confucius Institute is housed in TSU’s Martin Luther King, Jr. Center of Humanities.

http://www.tsuci.org/

Our sister school in China (Beijing Jiaotong University) was instrumental in making the trip happen.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ I knew it. :( PVAMU sitting in the rear seat watching, yet again. sTu in China. Howard in Africa. Good job, PVAMU. *smh* Congrats on the forward thinking, sTu.

Back