TAMU investigating after black high schoolers harassed on campus

The young man in the video is still adamant on going there for school. SMH

Perhaps he likes a challenge of that sort? lol *shrugs shoulders* Good luck to them all. aTm will give them a 1-yr full-ride and then soph yr, if they survive lol, will give them a partial academic. After that, they're on their own. :D aTm loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooves the "inner city black/spanish" kids :D. lol

The young man in the video is still adamant on going there for school. SMH
Well he did say, one or a group of bad apples doesn't spoil the bunch, but it wouldn't be me. I visited a school in Illinois before graduating, and the counselor kept using the term "You people", (there were 5 of us 2 Blacks, 2 Hispanics, and 1 Asian). When the man fist said you people no one paid any attention, but after repeated use, you can tell none of us felt comfortable. I told my mom about it and she said we were right to feel the way we did, but we didn't say anything. This was in 1989.
Oh and that Youtube video of TAMU talking about diversity, I didn't see one non white person. Now I haven't see the whole video, but the first 20 seconds or so from the news clip showed nothing but a bunch of white students.

Its like people in spousal abuse situations - they think they can make it better, so they stay.

Precisely. :) Make it work! Force that square peg in that round hole lol. Ironically, we've had to endure such in our corporate lives as well. Year 28+ and counting (down to retirement lol).

Back