Ricky Scott Jr - LB
Terrell Kennedy - RB*
Terry Sullivan - RB*
Ryan Theyard - DB
Joshua Miller - DB*
Eric Brown - DT
Eddie Maxon - OL
Kennan Young - WR*

If any freshman should play and contribute on the team those would be my picks. Especially the LBs since we are graduating a few after this year.
If you need that many freshman to contribute "Whoa Nellie" as Keith Jackson would say.

Didn't say they would I said IF any were to contribute right away then those would be the ones since they are THAT TALENTED.
Scott Jr will be very solid for JSU. He was mainly a DL but will be a key player when learns how to play the LB position.

Is it just me, or has recruiting improved conference wide the last few years?

Multiple schools are landing 2 and 3 star talent on a regular basis by either HS signees or JUCO/FBS transfers

It has most definitely improved. We got several 3 and 2 stars finally about to get significant play time. Very happy for the SWAC

Scott Jr will be very solid for JSU. He was mainly a DL but will be a key player when learns how to play the LB position.
Personally, I think Scott, Jr. will be redshirted because he has only played LB for one year. He may still need some work on that at this level. But if you look at his tape....dude is a thumper. He'll put a hat on you. He plays well in space, controls his gaps and reacts quickly to the ball-carrier. He has all of the natural instincts for a LB. We have two ILB's who are seniors and are pretty good. BI'd like to see him get some reps, at the expense of a redshirt, so that he can be a steady contributor in 2017. But he'll probably redshirt.

Personally, I think Scott, Jr. will be redshirted because he has only played LB for one year. He may still need some work on that at this level. But if you look at his tape....dude is a thumper. He'll put a hat on you. He plays well in space, controls his gaps and reacts quickly to the ball-carrier. He has all of the natural instincts for a LB. We have two ILB's who are seniors and are pretty good. BI'd like to see him get some reps, at the expense of a redshirt, so that he can be a steady contributor in 2017. But he'll probably redshirt.
I agree. Having him redshirt would be best for JSU. He'll definitely be a very solid player at JSU

Back