SWAC Battle of the Bands: December 7th after the SWAC Championship Game

Re: BOTB Back at the SCG in Houston

Says who?

Jay Rob. You can't just make teams take the field without proper warmup time. Soon as someone pulls a hamstring, I can hear all the blame game on the bands. LOL.

Jay Rob. You can't just make teams take the field without proper warmup time. Soon as someone pulls a hamstring, I can hear all the blame game on the bands. LOL.

I thought they warmed up outside the stadium before they marched in. Couldn't they pull a hamstring marching in if they didn't warm up beforehand?

I thought they warmed up outside the stadium before they marched in. Couldn't they pull a hamstring marching in if they didn't warm up beforehand?

They are talking about the football teams :lol:

I am talking about the football players. LOL. Not the bands. If the players do not have access to the field to do pre game warmups and such then something will be said.

In 99 the Championship game was betweem Su & JSU and during the game all the bands sat in the stands in the end zone. We all marched in well before SU & JSU. Then immediately after the game we all did a show on the field then there were battles in the stands.

In 99 the Championship game was betweem Su & JSU and during the game all the bands sat in the stands in the end zone. We all marched in well before SU & JSU. Then immediately after the game we all did a show on the field then there were battles in the stands.

But do you think the bands that perform at halftime will perform again during the band showcase that follows the game? Find out. :snicker:

But do you think the bands that perform at halftime will perform again during the band showcase that follows the game? Find out. :snicker:

lol I will see what I can do lol but real talk I dont recall the two schools that were in the championship game going on the field after the game or battle in the stands

How are any of you calling this a bad thing? This is great for the Swac & HBCU's in particular. Bands are the flavor that adds to the game in the Swac. 99 was a great year & it gave bandheads a chance to see a lot of bands they have never seen before in public. Great Exposure for the Swac. This will make money.

They have to keep the pre-game stand battle though. Each band got a chance to play 2 songs. It was great. Blow your best 2 joints and sit down, next.

Last edited:

99 SWAC Championship was EPIC all the way around I dont know if that can ever be recreated...besides the fact we lost.
I think this is Great for the bandheads,but I think youtube has killed the casual fans who kno nothing about the bands. So I dont think they would go and sit through a 3 hour game just to see the bands at the end. we will see tho!

99 SWAC Championship was EPIC all the way around I dont know if that can ever be recreated...besides the fact we lost.
I think this is Great for the bandheads,but I think youtube has killed the casual fans who kno nothing about the bands. So I dont think they would go and sit through a 3 hour game just to see the bands at the end. we will see tho!

I don't think as many people as we think watch youtube band videos. Even when JSU plays other teams, I rarely watch the show from the opposing band. I don't know of any family members or casual friends who watch bands on youtube. ..and if they do, they certainly don't care to watch all ten UNLESS you are TRULY a bandhead. This event is for the casual fan I think ..not the bandheads.

Back