SWAC Baseball Notes: 3/20-3/23

Congrats to the Hornets... tough loss for my Bulldogs.... we left too many on base this game.

Sooooooo let me get this straight LSU played their 3rd string and let Southern take them into extra overtime so they thought they would beat up on little ole TXSO this weekend...I guess they didn't remember that last year that same LSU team minus 2 or 3 players had to go to their 1st team to beat us and we are minus some good players from last year...Snickering!

Sooooooo let me get this straight LSU played their 3rd string and let Southern take them into extra overtime so they thought they would beat up on little ole TXSO this weekend...I guess they didn't remember that last year that same LSU team minus 2 or 3 players had to go to their 1st team to beat us and we are minus some good players from last year...Snickering!

Uhhhhhh, it is extra innings dcg...extra innings.

Sooooooo let me get this straight LSU played their 3rd string and let Southern take them into extra overtime[/B] so they thought they would beat up on little ole TXSO this weekend...I guess they didn't remember that last year that same LSU team minus 2 or 3 players had to go to their 1st team to beat us and we are minus some good players from last year...Snickering!

Wrong again............ as usual. Go somewhere and sit down.

SU is 3-14 on the year. Wow...2 years in a row? He's not able to stockpile talent like back in the day. The players he was getting in the 90s and early 2000s are now starting at SEC, B10 and other SWAC schools and also at lower level schools too. I been saying he is not as good of coach since I had multiple conversations with players from 2004-2007 teams. He's a great fundraiser though.

The rest of the teams caught up to him in the west. And this shift began in 2003 with Coach Rob when he was at PV. Heck, at TSU the first time we had the maximum 11.7 full ride scholarships in baseball was 2005. Before that, our max was 5. We were between 3-5 full schollies per year.

Talking to some former SWAC coaches, it's some issues down there. It can be repaired, but until then it is what it is.

When you ride high on the saddle you take a lot of arrows.
More renovations are on the way to SU brand new baseball club house this summer.

we got the worst baseball facility in the city (high schools included).... no lights and seating for about 50 and we would kick SU arse....

we got the worst baseball facility in the city (high schools included).... no lights and seating for about 50 and we would kick SU arse....
just like in basketball lol.
History says you won't. Make no mistake about it, SU has players. They are going to get it together by tournament time.

Poor AAMU. We opened a 1.5 million dollar baseball clubhouse last fall, and Cador has raised money for it to be renovated already lol.

Back