SWAC Baseball - 4/13 - 4/15

Hey SUjag,

It just means the score is 3-3 ... a mexican stand-off. Cador listened and changed his line-up. We might have to do the same.

Yes I meant top of 9....I am multitasking to update you guys from the game....And yes they are playing 2...TSU about to bat in the bottom of the 1St...pv leads 3-0

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Hey SUjag,

It just means the score is 3-3 ... a mexican stand-off. Cador listened and changed his line-up. We might have to do the same.
SU had injuries the first series, wasn't that he changed the lineup, the starting SS and RF was out. I had to call y'all out for y'all to post. I was here the entire time, even told y'all we would sweep the 2nd time around.

Last edited:
Does anyone know why the JSU-Bama State game was postponed? :noidea:

MONTGOMERY – Sunday's Alabama State – Jackson State baseball game was halted in the top of the eighth inning.

In the hotly contested third game of the series with Jackson State leading 2-1, Alabama State pitcher Greg Matthews was ejected after throwing the second pitch of the at bat to JSU's Desmond Russell. Tempers flared from both dugouts and the game was halted by the home plate umpire.

The Southwestern Athletic Conference office will decide further on the outcome of the game. No timetable has been set.

http://www.bamastatesports.com/news/2012/4/15/BB_0415124626.aspx?path=baseball

MONTGOMERY – Sunday's Alabama State – Jackson State baseball game was halted in the top of the eighth inning.

In the hotly contested third game of the series with Jackson State leading 2-1, Alabama State pitcher Greg Matthews was ejected after throwing the second pitch of the at bat to JSU's Desmond Russell. Tempers flared from both dugouts and the game was halted by the home plate umpire.

The Southwestern Athletic Conference office will decide further on the outcome of the game. No timetable has been set.

Thanks, I thought that is what might have happened when I did not notice any inclimate weather in Montgomery.

Southern University Baseball Jags Sweeps Grambling. :lol: :emlaugh:
street_sweeper.gif

Wow

JSU Baseball vs. Alabama State game suspended

April 15, 2012

MONTGOMERY, AL - The final game of the Jackson State at Alabama State three-game series was suspended in the top of the eighth inning, with JSU leading 2-1.

In the eighth inning, ASU pitcher was ejected after throwing at the head of JSU batter Desmond Russell. After Hornets players left their dugout the home plate umpire ended the game and declared an Alabama State forfeit.

The Southwestern Athletic Conference office will make the final decision on the final outcome of the game.

Jackson State is scheduled to return to action Wednesday, April 18 when the Tigers take on Southeastern Louisiana in Hammond, LA. First pitch is set for 6:00 p.m.

http://jsutigers.cstv.com/sports/m-basebl/recaps/041512aaa.html

JSU Baseball vs. Alabama State game suspended

April 15, 2012

MONTGOMERY, AL - The final game of the Jackson State at Alabama State three-game series was suspended in the top of the eighth inning, with JSU leading 2-1.

In the eighth inning, ASU pitcher was ejected after throwing at the head of JSU batter Desmond Russell. After Hornets players left their dugout the home plate umpire ended the game and declared an Alabama State forfeit.

The Southwestern Athletic Conference office will make the final decision on the final outcome of the game.

Jackson State is scheduled to return to action Wednesday, April 18 when the Tigers take on Southeastern Louisiana in Hammond, LA. First pitch is set for 6:00 p.m.

http://jsutigers.cstv.com/sports/m-basebl/recaps/041512aaa.html

Thanks for the update. :tup:

Controversial ending to the game, but pv wins 9-8 in 10...somebody got ejected after the last out...good game though

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

East

Jackson State 15 - 2 25 - 10
Alabama State 10 - 7 16 - 22
Alcorn State 7 - 8 8 - 29
Mississippi Valley State 8 - 10 9 - 27
Alabama A&M 1 - 14 7 - 29

West

Prairie View 10 - 2 19 - 14
Southern 11 - 7 21 - 14
Grambling State 9 - 9 15 - 18
Arkansas-Pine Bluff 5 - 10 6 - 27 - 1
Texas Southern 4 - 11 17 - 17

PV was cruising in 10th with 2 outs...TSU fought back to load the bases and the tying run comes home on lightly hit chopper to short or third and no play was made

2nd base ump calls it foul saying the ball hit the batter and the batter pops out to end game

next thing you know the umps are dodging objects

PV was cruising in 10th with 2 outs...TSU fought back to load the bases and the tying run comes home on lightly hit chopper to short or third and no play was made

2nd base ump calls it foul saying the ball hit the batter and the batter pops out to end game

next thing you know the umps are dodging objects

Great series win. Hopefully our Panthers got out of there safely.

Back