SWAC Baseball: 3/24 - 3/25

Here as always. Folks are taking joy in beating a 3 win team lol. Yea we are the Yankees of the SWAC. Probably the only game J-Rob has been to. Folks show when the big dog comes to town .

You have..... But a number of folks here didn't.

JSU used 6. That's what teams do in midweek games. smh.
There's a difference. JSU used its pitchers to get them some tosses whereas su used its pitchers out of necessity because they were getting blasted.

Here as always. Folks are taking joy in beating a 3 win team lol. Yea we are the Yankees of the SWAC. Probably the only game J-Rob has been to. Folks show when the big dog comes to town .
Jayrob has been to 90% of JSU"s home games in case you didn't know. Like you, I liked what I saw from su. I really did.

There's a difference. JSU used its pitchers to get them some tosses whereas su used its pitchers out of necessity because they were getting blasted.
Quit lying JayRob. Anyone who knows and/or follows college baseball knows midweek games are when teams use multiple pitchers. And for the record, of the 8 pitchers SU used, JSU only blasted 2 of them. I will say this though, the starter that got rocked was the same starter that baffled LSU. Maybe JSU can hit better than LSU.... :rolleyes:

Quit lying JayRob. Anyone who knows and/or follows college baseball knows midweek games are when teams use multiple pitchers. And for the record, of the 8 pitchers SU used, JSU only blasted 2 of them. I will say this though, the starter that got rocked was the same starter that baffled LSU. Maybe JSU can hit better than LSU.... :rolleyes:
No need to lie. I've seen JSU pitchers go 7 or 8 innings during the week, but you may have a point.
What I witnessed was Cador taking the starter out, out of necessity.

No need to lie. I've seen JSU pitchers go 7 or 8 innings during the week, but you may have a point. What I witnessed was Cador taking the starter out, out of necessity.
A few things:
Most schools from smaller conferences will let pitchers go 7 or 8 innings in the midweek because of the depth of their pitching staff and/or most schools don't have a "designated mid-week starter". Also, when a school from a "smaller" conference has a chance to upset a school from a "larger" conference and the smaller school's pitcher is on, coaches will leave them in for longer than usual. For instance, I remember when JSU beat MS State in Pearl. JSU kept their pitchers as long as they could go. I'm sure Cador wanted his starter to go atleast 4 innings last night, but oh well.

SWAC making some serious noise in baseball this year

And intra conference play is very competitive too. This past weekend series between Bama St. and A&M could have gone either way. Looking forward to the weekend matchup with JSU.

A lot of these people are newbies and don't know what they're looking at yet.....

Back