SU's Tillery could become SWAC career rushing leader

System? Them boys ain't win nothing before Chennis got there. Man you don't know Southern all you know is it's located in Baton Rouge and y'all play us every year. Pull 2010-2012 stats. Smh
He's forgetting that our run game was non-existent during those years, and that a QB definitely can't be effective if they're always running for their life behind a struggling OL. We started winning once the OL play improved and run game was established to balance with the passing game.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
He's forgetting that our run game was non-existent during those years, and that a QB definitely can't be effective if they're always running for their life behind a struggling OL. We started winning once the OL play improved and run game was established to balance with the passing game.
If I recall, Germany recruited Howard from St. John High, the same school Dray is from. Germany also helped develop Tillery's skills.
It's so unfortunate that some of you are trying to discount what Germany's done for su's offense.
The man practically built it from scratch and deserves credit for it.
Can't believe I just gave credit to an ex-su coach. I wonder why.:snicker:

Last edited:
If I recall, Germany recruited Tillery from St. John High, the same school Dray is from. Germany also helped develop Tillery's skills.
It's so unfortunate that some of you are trying to discount what Germany's done for su's offense.

Tillery is from Baton Rouge and played at McKinley HS.

Dray went to West St. John HS. Germany gets credit for Dray because yanno, he is the QB coach.

Meanwhile, Elvis Joseph, yanno, the RBs coach, gets credit for developing Tillery while Berry, the o-line coach, gets credit for developing o-linemen that opened holed for Tillery and keeping our QBs upright and clean.

If I recall, Germany recruited Tillery from St. John High, the same school Dray is from. Germany also helped develop Tillery's skills.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I don't think anyone has said that Germany didn't contribute to our offense's success, more so saying that he wasn't the sole reason for the success.

Also you need to re-check your facts because most of what you posted was incorrect. lol

Dray went to West St. John HS. Germany gets credit for Dray because yanno, he is the QB coach.

Meanwhile, Elvis Joseph, yanno, the RBs coach, gets credit for developing Tillery while Berry, the o-line coach, gets credit for developing o-linemen that opened holed for Tillery and keeping our QBs upright and clean.
lol, he should have just quit a few posts ago. lol

Dude you don't quit do you? You don't know what the hell you talking about. You can tell you a j st fan. Smh

Thanks for the correction. I meant to say Howard, not Tillery.
Any how, one has to give Germany credit, as you so eloquently just described, for putting all the pieces together to help make the offense successful, and they were successful.
Usually you guys give JayRob flack for criticizing su coaches but he's not, and he's still getting flack. Go figure.
By the way, I hope Germany still has ties to McKinley high school. Seems like that's a pretty decent pipeline for su, at least with QB's.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone has said that Germany didn't contribute to our offense's success, more so saying that he wasn't the sole reason for the success.

Also you need to re-check your facts because most of what you posted was incorrect. lol
Well, that's simply what I've been saying, but some folks just couldn't bring themselves to post what you just posted. Germany was the head guy on offense and that was the best part of the team.
I understand you guys being hurt for being stiffed by Germany for leaving for greener pastures but don't tear the man down after he's helped you develop one of the best offenses in the SWAC. That's just not right.

Last edited:
Dude you don't quit do you? You don't know what the hell you talking about. You can tell you a j st fan. Smh
This has nothing to do with JSU. It has to do with you guys trying to discredit a great coach who helped put su's offense back on the map after Stump left it in shambles.

Any how, one has to give Germany credit, as you so eloquently just described, for putting all the pieces together to help make the offense successful, and they were successful.
Usually you guys give JayRob flack for criticizing su coaches but he's not, and he's still getting flack. Go figure.
By the way, I hope Germany still has ties to McKinley high school. Seems like that's a pretty decent pipeline for su, at least with QB's.
You mean West St John smh lmao.

I understand you guys being hurt for being stiffed by Germany for leaving for greener pastures but don't tear the man down after he's helped you develop one of the best offenses in the SWAC. That's just not right.
I really like Chad, but he left before he was fired. You do know Berry was the highest paid out of the two.

Um QBs from McKinley? This isn't the 70s. Besides the coach Dray and Austin had at West St. John been moved on from there. FYI, their coach played for Pete when I was in undergrad.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Um QBs from McKinley? This isn't the 70s. Besides the coach Dray and Austin had at West St. John been moved on from there. FYI, their coach played for Pete when I was in undergrad.
He had one of the best mentors if he played for ole Pete.
What's Pete doing these days?

Uh negative. You do realize the former coach that coached them in HS is a SU football alum. LOL. And Chad did not recruit Austin. Austin was convinced by Dray. You know his homeboy.

This has nothing to do with JSU. It has to do with you guys trying to discredit a great coach who helped put su's offense back on the map after Stump left it in shambles.

Our offense was THROWING THE BALL before Stump left. He just couldn't get the run game going and his play calling sucked. If you remember Stump offense put up big numbers against JSU defense. LOL. Made Casey have to beat us twice with last minute TDs.

If I recall, Germany recruited Howard from St. John High, the same school Dray is from. Germany also helped develop Tillery's skills.

Germany did not recruit Howard! Elvis Joseph the runningbacks coach recruited Howard. Germany did recruit Shorts though!

Elvis Joseph recruits the River Parishes and New Orleans, to be honest he was the best recruiter between him and Germany. Now Elvis is our recruiting coordinator in which he should of been that since day 1.

Imma take the Prairie View route. Yea j st y'all getting the best coach we had on our staff. Man please don't run the score up on us this year because that Chad really is a great coach. Dang I'm gone miss him, we are doomed!!

Imma take the Prairie View route. Yea j st y'all getting the best coach we had on our staff. Man please don't run the score up on us this year because that Chad really is a great coach. Dang I'm gone miss him, we are doomed!!
If you think so, that's on you.

Our offense was THROWING THE BALL before Stump left. He just couldn't get the run game going and his play calling sucked. If you remember Stump offense put up big numbers against JSU defense. LOL. Made Casey have to beat us twice with last minute TDs.
Don't know what kind of offense Stump was running because it was so inconsistent. One day they'd score four TD's, the next game one or two, but I hear what you're saying.

Back