SU President Search

I just dont get it,, WHAT HAS WORKED FOR SU.the last 10 years, ENROLLMENT DECLINE, BAD PRESS, ETC. I mean what has Belton done at susla, as I remember susla dont not pass the GRAD ACT EITHER ALONG WITH THE SYSTEM..... for good sake HE RAN A community college.

What SU needed was someone first and foremost WITH NATIONALLY PRESENTS ALSO with knowledge of Federal research grants,, HBCUS LACK.ON ALL CAPACITY THE KNOWLEDGE OF GRANTS ...BILLIONS OF DOLLARS THAT HBCUS DONT GET EACH YEAR,

I JUST dont get it, I am really, not trying to condemn BELTON, but it's almost like SU does not want to move FOWARD, yes Jindal did alot of things, but lets be honest, SU is to blame for majority of its problems,, I just hate this because we are basically telling the ACADEMIC WORLD, NEW IDEAS AND INNOVATION
IS NOT WHAT SU WANTS

WE CAN TALK ABOUT EXPERIENCE, BUT PLEASE LOOK AT THE INTERVIEW.

BETTER YET TAKE A PAGE OUT OF Dr. NORMAN C. AT XAVIER, HE WAS YOUNG AND INEXPERIENCE WHEN HE TOOK.OVER XAVIER. BUT LIKE Toldson said in.EVERY.INTERVIEW,

PUT PEOPLE IN PLACE THAT KNOW WHAT THEY Are DURING.

ONE LAST THING, LIKE BOTH CANDIDATES SAID, THE NEW DUAL JOB CHANCELLOR/President will be more about Fundraising and marketing the SYSTEM, the BTR CAMPUS will have a executive provost,, MY QUESTION IS WHO WOULD YOU RATHER SEE MARKETING AND FUNDRAISING, SU SYSTEM NOT ONLY.TO.STAKE HOLDERS BUT TO PEOPLE IN WASHINGTON.AND NATIONALLY

I guarantee to you, this will not be the last WE HEAR FROM TOLDSON

Reactions: J C
This decision was based off who can the board control and less about the future of SU... TOLDSON IS NOT A DUMMY,, HE WOULD OF MADE A POINT OF GOING INTO THE ACADEMIC WORLD AND BRINGING EXPERTS IN EACH ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION TO.MAKE HIS JOB EASIER.. BELTON WILL JUST FOLLOW SUIT OF WHATEVER THE BOARD SAYS

Like SOMEONE SAID ON FACEBOOK ,, SU BAND IS PAVING THE WAY FOR INNOVATION AND MARKETING BETTER THEN THE ENTIRE SYSTEM..

I will say this, DO YOUR RESEARCH, Some of the most innovative college presidents in the last 15 years have not been from other higher education institutions...sometimes.you have to.take a different route, THIS WAS SU CHANCE,

Toldson seemed a bit on the naive side IMO. I don't know who the right or wrong choice was. This is an outsiders opinion. But Toldsons Facebook plea for the job gave me pause. And the after post wasn't much better. The job, working at an under-resourced institution with a hyperactive board of directors, is tougher than he made it seem. He seemed to have this idea of leveraging his personal appeal and brand to institute broad reforms at the University. Good luck with that.

I think Toldson did everything right, for the fact JSU leads all HBCU in federal grants at 45 million SU RANKS in the top 10 with 23m, is quite pathetic for both, for the simple fact EACH agency gives away over 100 million in research A YEAR. THAT IS SOMETHING TOLDSON COULD of helped THE SU SYSTEM with, which he outlined..the fact he works with these agencies day in and day out.. and he made a startling point that all hbcu lack the knowledge in receiving the big resources grant
.LSU AND TULANE,receives over 50 million a year to do research on minority issues in.state of LA,and if anything, SU SYSTEM having campus in three metropolitan cities should be the leading institution in minority issues.which he outlined... I think this was about CONTROL and the Board knowing Toldson was going to step on folks feet especially when it came to FUNDING, especially LSU AND
TULANE, and also hire outsiders in key positions, remember the law chancellor and ag chancellor will be gone, and key administrators. AGAIN BACK TO CONTROL, BELTON will just go.along with whatever the board says, andthat has gotten the SU SYSTEM.WHAT??????

Back