SU loses Ledbetter for opener against LTU

Also, it's not about coverage... you all steadily losing STARTERS every year to grades. That is why people hear about you all. Otherwise, no one could care. Maybe JSU does lose a 6th string RB from time to time but no one ever knew he was there to begin with. When is the last time you heard of JSU losing a starter or even a second string player to academics?

What other starters outside of Bryan Anderson have we lost TP? BTW, since Ledbetter is from Florida. How did they keep him eligible?

And this may be for only this game anyway. SU is being extra careful with this eligibility stuff. Don't be shocked to see him back by game 2 or 3.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
What other starters outside of Bryan Anderson have we lost TP? BTW, since Ledbetter is from Florida. How did they keep him eligible?

And this may be for only this game anyway. SU is being extra careful with this eligibility stuff. Don't be shocked to see him back by game 2 or 3.

We would LOOOVVVVVEEE to have him back by game 3!!!:cool:

We would LOOOVVVVVEEE to have him back by game 3!!!:cool:

Why? He plays nickel back anyway. Closer to the line of scrimmage. He is not really part of pass coverages. More of a Rover. His replacement is actually a bigger player.

He won't be back at all this season.

Hope he rights his ship. Man this thing w/ D-I FBS transfers not taking care of their business for their majors is almost mind-boggling. smh Physically gifted guys but not so much mentally gifted w/ regards to independently taking ownership and care of their academic matriculation and growth. Not all, just a smidget. And imho, a smidget is a # that is too many.

*thinking back on that big tall WR txfer to PVAMU from aTm-B/CS. That young man and his father really impressed upon me but I don't think he grad'd PVAMU :( *

Last edited:
Waiver was denied. It was known that he was ineligible for a while but they filed a waiver.

This will never be confirmed by the school. FERPA

I figured that. There's no way you can be declared academically ineligible for a select number of games UNLESS you're waiting on a waiver. You're either out for the season or waiting on a waiver.

Hope he rights his ship. Man this thing w/ D-I FBS transfers not taking care of their business for their majors is almost mind-boggling. smh Physically gifted guys but not so much mentally gifted w/ regards to independently taking ownership and care of their academic matriculation and growth. Not all, just a smidget. And imho, a smidget is a # that is too many.

*thinking back on that big tall WR txfer to PVAMU from aTm-B/CS. That young man and his father really impressed upon me but I don't think he grad'd PVAMU :( *

Dude it starts so early it is almost impossible for some kids to turn it around unless they luck up and get to a school like my wifey's alma mater *cough Kentucky where they hire someone to tutor ahem (do your work) they are getting exposed because they pass them along reward them with playing time during middle school and high school. The killing part is I'm living it now, my kid is very short, only 5'8' but he can almost dunk, can hit 7 FTs with his eyes closed, averaged 12-15 pts per game during his 9th grade AAU season playing against upperclassmen, has a 3.875 GPA with AP courses and computer programming, 27 on his math ACT but he probably won't be on his school team because the BLACK head coach isn't in love with him like he is the his favorite lug head athletes most who are barely passing and sometimes miss games because of bad grades. He wouldn't sign his schedule to be in athletics even though he was on the 9th grade B team and was the only guard who could get the ball up the court, the coach benched him 2 games for being too aggressive and they lost both games. I feel the system is really messing up our young men because they reward them with the shine of athletics even when they not taking care of their academic business, which is the real part they need. It's not like my kid don't work on his game, he trains very hard, but he just isn't a favorite of the 1 black coach, the other coaches like him but the one brother is the dictator, you can see his form here that he is serious about his technique and game just under the wrong a**hole coach, you would think a black coach would do better. smh

CN54N0RUsAAuzdZ.jpg

True true true pvdogteam. Much kudo to you keeping your son on the right path. The hard work will payoff. Also, your son shoots w/ the evil hand lol - lefty :D . Tremendous! He's hard to guard.

Also, in the pic, the guy in the grey, please tell me that was not against a squad from the greater Houston area lol. If so, small world lololol.

Dude it starts so early it is almost impossible for some kids to turn it around unless they luck up and get to a school like my wifey's alma mater *cough Kentucky where they hire someone to tutor ahem (do your work) they are getting exposed because they pass them along reward them with playing time during middle school and high school. The killing part is I'm living it now, my kid is very short, only 5'8' but he can almost dunk, can hit 7 FTs with his eyes closed, averaged 12-15 pts per game during his 9th grade AAU season playing against upperclassmen, has a 3.875 GPA with AP courses and computer programming, 27 on his math ACT but he probably won't be on his school team because the BLACK head coach isn't in love with him like he is the his favorite lug head athletes most who are barely passing and sometimes miss games because of bad grades. He wouldn't sign his schedule to be in athletics even though he was on the 9th grade B team and was the only guard who could get the ball up the court, the coach benched him 2 games for being too aggressive and they lost both games. I feel the system is really messing up our young men because they reward them with the shine of athletics even when they not taking care of their academic business, which is the real part they need. It's not like my kid don't work on his game, he trains very hard, but he just isn't a favorite of the 1 black coach, the other coaches like him but the one brother is the dictator, you can see his form here that he is serious about his technique and game just under the wrong a**hole coach, you would think a black coach would do better. smh

CN54N0RUsAAuzdZ.jpg

What school? Technique looking good.

We'll get by without him. We had the same thing last year and STILL got to Houston. Not to go on the smacking route, but if we can lose players like this AND still get to Houston .......

We'll get by without him. We had the same thing last year and STILL got to Houston. Not to go on the smacking route, but if we can lose players like this AND still get to Houston .......
Like i said, im not worried here at Southern we have a load of good players on our team. Like Coach Odums says " Next man up".

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
What school? Technique looking good.

He is at a new school in Mansfield called Lakeridge. Coach had a phenom player all 3 years the school was opened and he just graduated, he will find out real quick where he stands this year LOL

I know it isn't just me, we have had some good players transfer away from our school and a 6'6" 10th grader just say f it and not playing ball anymore, it's one thing to be a tough coach, but at some point you need to realize when your methods are causing you to lose good players, I'm not tripping because I told my kid he is just learning early that the world isn't fair and you can't always get the results you want, but he going to train very hard and go to the little 2 day tryout vs the other favorite kids who would have worked with coach over 6 weeks anyway, not letting mine just give in to the system.

Everyone loses players to ineligibility. This is really about coverage. The stories about someone being ineligible only appears in The Advocate and The Times-Picayune, two South Louisiana newspapers with large SU fan bases in their areas. TSU and PV get little to no coverage by the Houston Chronicle (no link in sports section). The News Star does a decent job with Grambling but they're more focused on Tech and ULM. And so on and so on.

He is at a new school in Mansfield called Lakeridge. Coach had a phenom player all 3 years the school was opened and he just graduated, he will find out real quick where he stands this year LOL

I know it isn't just me, we have had some good players transfer away from our school and a 6'6" 10th grader just say f it and not playing ball anymore, it's one thing to be a tough coach, but at some point you need to realize when your methods are causing you to lose good players, I'm not tripping because I told my kid he is just learning early that the world isn't fair and you can't always get the results you want, but he going to train very hard and go to the little 2 day tryout vs the other favorite kids who would have worked with coach over 6 weeks anyway, not letting mine just give in to the system.

Just tell him keep working hard. It will work out for him in the end.

Back