SU facilities out of compliance

Well all.land grant colleges are protected, SU, PVAM, FAMU ,NCAT, etc. Consolidation is another option, but closing will never happen because of protection of being a land grant college

True. But when it comes to specific nuances relating state funding of public universities, there are caveats created, like tx did in their state constitution and also amending it in 1984, to ensure the health, growth, and viability of certain schools are placed @ the forefront.

What we're, the taxpayers of texas, are doing @ aPVm today in terms of moving it forward, is not an accident. It's a choice (of texans, all of them).

That is other topic, UNTIL Louisiana changes its Constitution to protect Education, and Health care nothing will change, we will be right at this point again if Louisiana has another Jindal. I don't understand why they just won't change it...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
That is other topic, UNTIL Louisiana changes its Constitution to protect Education, and Health care nothing will change, we will be right at this point again if Louisiana has another Jindal. I don't understand why they just won't change it...

Y'all keep electing people like Jindal into the State legislature.

I did not go to SU, but my family members since the 70's have attended SU
So more of deep roots, I just hate and I am not a SU graduate to SU see going through this BS

Last edited:
But UNTIL the legislators of the STATE REALIZES what they have been doing is not WORKING for decades nothing will change

Screenshot_2016-02-24-12-54-16-1.png

I did not go to SU, but my family members since the 70's have attended SU
So more of deep roots, I just hate and I am not a SU graduate to SU going through this BS

I attended SU, but I have had family to graduate from LSU, NwST, and Grambling. There are plenty of BS with all of Louisiana institutions, especially if you are a Black person attending those schools. IMO, the UL System is way too big with too many institutions on the same level. LSU has 4 institutions in 4 different locations (BR, Shreveport, Alexandria, and Eunice) with BR being the main campus and the other 3 being lesser institutions that doesn't require as much funding, whereas with the UL System, all 9 of its institutions that are competing for basically the same amount of funding.

Last edited:
I attended SU, but I have had family to graduate from LSU, NwST, and Grambling. There are plenty of BS with all of Louisiana institutions, especially if you are a Black person attending those schools. IMO, the UL System is way too big with too many institutions on the same level. LSU has 4 institutions in 4 different locations (BR, Shreveport, Alexandria, and Eunice) with BR being the main campus and the other 3 being lesser institutions that doesn't require as much funding, whereas with the UL System, all 9 of its institutions that are competing for basically the same amount of funding.
Maybe that's the problem.

Maybe that's the problem.

If you look at the UL System, it basically has 9 institutions with the same wants and desires. Whereas the LSU and SU Systems both have one main campus with subsidiary campuses in other locations. Some of the UL System schools (McNeese, ULM, Nicholls State, and just recently UNO) got their start in the LSU System. They left the LSU System because they wanted to compete for more state funding, whereas their funding was limited in the LSU System. The state should have made them stay in the LSU System as a subsidiary campus to the main campus in Baton Rouge.

Well NSU, MSU , AND NICHOLLS should all be two year colleges, I think historically they were before they became 4 year colleges, also LSUS and LSUA should of never became 4 year colleges

I was in support of the merge between SUNO AND UNO, but it should of merge into the SU system.. but when the STATE gets back on its feet and the merge would of been successful. Being that it is the only public University in nola, those white folks would of had a field day , That would of been too much power, and influence in NEW ORLEANS

Well NSU, MSU , AND NICHOLLS should all be two year colleges, I think historically they were before they became 4 year colleges, also LSUS and LSUA should of never became 4 year colleges

I was in support of the merge between SUNO AND UNO, but it should of merge into the SU system.. but when the STATE gets back on its feet and the merge would of been successful. Being that it is the only public University in nola, those white folks would of had a field day , That would of been too much power, and influence in NEW ORLEANS

LSUS and LSUA have minimal budgets compared to schools in the UL System, which is how it should be for subsidiary universities. Those two schools are serving their areas well. The UL System has way too many universities on the same level. Not one school in the UL System is the flag ship school of the UL System. Schools have left the LSU System for the UL System to try to get more funding from the state and their move to the UL System has costed the state more money. Also, from an athletic stand point, every school in the UL System are either FBS or FCS. There are three FBS and six FCS schools in the UL System. In the LSU System there's only one FBS athletic program, which is self funded and in the SU System there is only one FCS athletic program. Just from athletics alone, one can see the UL System needs way more School Funds (Subsidized Funds) to operate that many DI programs.

http://www.wwltv.com/story/news/2014/08/28/14391664/

Last edited:
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the UL System is spending the most state funds on its athletic programs than the other two systems, which is probably the same case for its academic programs.

vyky28.jpg

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
True. But when it comes to specific nuances relating state funding of public universities, there are caveats created, like tx did in their state constitution and also amending it in 1984, to ensure the health, growth, and viability of certain schools are placed @ the forefront.

What we're, the taxpayers of texas, are doing @ aPVm today in terms of moving it forward, is not an accident. It's a choice (of texans, all of them).

Right, but we put up a fight to even the playing field in 1984, so what these others are talking about isn't impossible, but help doesn't fall out of the sky either. Man what a different it made when we got the state's attention

This is probably the wrong thread, but after The STATE get through this, I hope that SU and all Public Universities, put pressure on state for building projects. I am not saying all at once, but, start to make progress, I hate programs like the MS and PHD environmental toxicology program that is one of the best in the country at SU, lose out of millions because the facility is not up to date with technology and equipment to receive those million dollar grants, which is another reason it's important for the improvement of facilities on campus. .

I wrote this in the other thread.. this is another reason it's important for facilities to be up to date, because again UNIVERSITIES are in the business of educating and Research, when you failing to do any of the the two.. that is a big problem

Last edited:

I keep telling people this....

Back