Students say they continue to be left in the dark

bernard

THEE Realist
Students say they continue to be left in the dark about future of Paine College
By: Laura Warren
Updated: Wed 10:29 AM, Feb 18, 2015

AUGUSTA, Ga.--It was a meeting meant to help a private college regain the trust of its students and the community, but Paine College decided to close the meeting to the public. Students say the secrecy leaves them in the dark about their school's future.

Last semester, Brandon Lee and his friends were playing football for a college team, now, the only ball they're playing is in the front yard.

"It wasn't like it was a process. I just woke up to a text message, no one face to face, a text saying everything I worked hard for was over with," said Lee.

Last month, Paine College decided to suspend its new football program to save money, but former players like Jeffrey Menefee say the school should have thought about the long term financial impact the team could have.

"I know people wanted to transfer to Paine just because they did have a football program. They wanted to dance, and the possibility of starting a band, knowing we were going to have a band in Augusta was kind of big," Menefe said.

http://www.wrdw.com/home/headlines/...-about-future-of-Paine-College-292274411.html

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back