Southern University System President Pay package

1)I don't see what the big deal is, I believe our standards are an either or situation so if you have a 3.0 student that scored a 20 on the ACT they will still be able to attend SU.

2)SU already gets a good number of students that transfer from BRCC. In fact Southern and LSU also have a CO-OP program that allows students to take classes at each school that the other school may not offer. In fact I think BRCC is also included in that deal too.

is 20 the minimum score that all high school grads must have to get into gsu and su or is that just one way? The way that I interpreted it, thats merely one option. A high school student can get in as long as he has a 2.0 or graduate in the upper 50% of his class or score 20.

True! Those are the options. 20 minimum on ACT or having a 2.0 graduating from high school or graduating in the upper 50% of their high school class.

Last edited:
I guess the standard has been lowered.

http://web.subr.edu/index.php?id=293

Effective with high school graduates of Fall 2008, core curriculum will be 17.5 units.

First time graduates of a state approved high school must meet the following criteria:

Let's see it says Fall 2008, last time I checked we are in the year 2010. The new standards don't take effect for incoming freshmen until the 2011 school year. Reading is fundamental!

is 20 the minimum score that all high school grads must have to get into gsu and su or is that just one way? The way that I interpreted it, thats merely one option. A high school student can get in as long as he has a 2.0 or graduate in the upper 50% of his class or score 20.

I'm not understanding what Grambling has to do with Southern's admissions standards being raised?! Since when did GSU become apart of SU's academic focus??? Grambling is part of a PWC system - they are not a part of the Southern University System. Outside of that game in November, we don't have anything to do with them - this isn't some freaking hand-in-hand package deal! :shame:

I'm not understanding what Grambling has to do with Southern's admissions standards being raised?! Since when did GSU become apart of SU's academic focus??? Grambling is part of a PWC system - they are not a part of the Southern University System. Outside of that game in November, we don't have anything to do with them - this isn't some freaking hand-in-hand package deal! :shame:

It will be alright son. Nothing to burst a vein over.:lol:

Back