Southern University Band 2013 Halftime Show vs Houston

Discussion in 'The Band Board' started by bernard, Aug 31, 2013.

1. bernard

bernard ^Your Brain On Drugs!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. GoodFella

GoodFella "The Real McCoy"

I like what I saw out there friday. Jukebox was filling Reliant stadium up with sound lol

3. FAM4lyfe

FAM4lyfe Well-Known Member

Solid performance SU...but please get rid of the dudes that dance in front of the's not 1988 anymore and it's pretty cheesy :emlaugh:
  4. OnlySU

OnlySU SU LAB

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  5. FAM4lyfe

Hey I gave you all props...great show...but that's just wack to me

97JSULEGEND Well-Known Member

Yeah its super duper lame....
  7. JAG89

I understand what you are saying, but most HBCU bands do a lot 70's or 80's type stuff, such as 75% of their halftime show consist of dance routines with a lot of pelvic thrusting and dropping it like it's hot, basically pole dancing type moves. It's really embarrassing when it is done on National T.V. in front of the POTUS in the Presidential Inauguration Parade.

I saw the video in the link below to be very racist, but it really shows how others see most HBCU bands.
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  8. LadyJag

LadyJag Well-Known Member

SU, Cheesy? Coming from FAMU? okaaaaaaaaay!
  9. PsychoJag

PsychoJag We Run The SWAC

Says the person who's band normally keeps a male twirler.........:lol:
  10. FAM4lyfe

Yes.,,I see you tryna turn it into smack...but whatever
  11. FAM4lyfe

I'm not saying it's coonish and hood...I'm just saying it's dated...It'd be cool if they updated the moves just a little bit and kept it fresh(unless of course you're playing a song from the 80s in which it would seem to fit)
  12. JayRob

JayRob TigaPaw

Dude, that's been years ago. su seems to be keeping the tradition alive though.
  13. PsychoJag

PsychoJag We Run The SWAC

You again on yet ANOTHER SU thread........

As long as the guys aren't wearing spandex and doing dance team routines (like y'all twirler) I can careless.
  14. Bleedbluefan

Bleedbluefan Ripbayless

We do not have a male twirler...anytime we disagree with something you talk about our school. What's wrong with yall??? Anyway, how does the band SOUND?
  15. ScreamTeam1

ScreamTeam1 Brave "4" Life

Nice show but the Super 7 wasn't as crisp as they usually be
  16. Bleedbluefan

Bleedbluefan Ripbayless

Super 7 wth???
  17. Fiyah

Fiyah Administrator Staff Member

But the only thing about this is that there are not any new dance moves out there to be used that can be seen good from a distance. The dances of the 80's had all the moves with your hands, feet and body.
  18. OnlySU

OnlySU SU LAB

What band showed the 100 some love?
  19. OnlySU

OnlySU SU LAB

I agree
  20. OnlySU

OnlySU SU LAB

Funny, coming from a DOOM fan..
  21. Jax

Jax ^^^Equal Opportunity Asshole

22. Tigerpride

Tigerpride THE Logical ONE

Nothing is wrong with a male twirler as long as he is good. The BOOM entertains.
  23. Tigerpride

Tigerpride THE Logical ONE

Those guys coming out dancing is not so bad but I think they should have cut it short and let the whole band dance at some point. That was kinda shady.

It's been a long time since JSU had a male twirler...

Jax do you live in the past just like SU band...Jeeze man. JSU been beating you so bad that you happy about one win in the past 5 years. JSU actually hasn't had male of female twirlers for a while now...New material is needed my friend...