Southern U. Student Puts Graduation Before Game

Philly Jag

Kinda late posting. However it's still a good piece. Congrats to this young man.

http://theadvocate.com/columnists/2869935-55/our-voices-su-pitcher-puts

Just when you believe our young people don’t get it, you meet Brian Foster. Then you meet his mother, and you understand why Brian Foster gets it.

Foster is a pre-med major and a pitcher on the Southern University baseball team. The Kennesaw, Ga., native was supposed to be the starting pitcher for the Jaguars on Friday morning against Alcorn State University.

It was a Southwestern Athletic Conference tournament game that Southern had to win. Lose the game, and the Jaguars’ season was over.

At the same time, about a long fly ball away, Southern was holding graduation ceremonies in the F.G. Clark Activity Center.

Foster was in a pickle. He was supposed to be at both.

Guess what he did?

Attachments

• 560076_10150682823964567_2037826439_n.jpg
    560076_10150682823964567_2037826439_n.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 6

Good stuff. I had a teammate that basically lost his starting job by taking an internship with Caterpillar one summer. He is making six figures now. I think he and Jaghammer went to high school together.

Good stuff. I had a teammate that basically lost his starting job by taking an internship with Caterpillar one summer. He is making six figures now. I think he and Jaghammer went to high school together.

Yep! I called him Theo! :lol: He was on the Oline at Hattiesburg High, and I was vying for a spot on the Dline. I was briefly in this this group called the Acolytes, and he got me on a blind side block. Man, that was a hard hit!

I'm really glad he's doing great. :tup:

Another good story.....so glad to see our young Black people, especially the brothers, have their priorities straight! Wishing nothing but the best for him.

Back