So Who Do Y'all Think is the Best HBCU Team This Year (2016)?

Tnsu and grambling no doubt. Ncat is third. TnSU and gram performed to well against D-1 to put ncat ahead of them.

I would say A&T beating Kent State and Grambling leading Arizona the way they did puts them at 1 and 1A with NCCU possibly at 1C (also undefeated in MEAC like A&T) and Southern following closely and TSU slightly behind them rounding out top 5. If I ranked them now

A&T
Grambling
NCCU
Southern
Tennessee State

Honorable mentions: Alcorn and PV (the other MEAC schools with winning records in conference like FAMU currently have losing overall records)

1. NCAT
2. Grambling
3. Tennessee State
4. Southern (but not far behind the top 3)
5. NCCU

NCAT gets the nod over Grambling because they've beaten an FBS team this season, and haven't lost to an HBCU since last November.

North Carolina A&T

Grambling

Tennessee State

They are the three best in no order with Southern and North Carolina Central rounding out the top five. Tennessee State looked good against Vanderbilt Saturday Night. QB Ronald Butler gave them fits. Might have beaten them if they could have just stop the run.

I think TnSt would get the nod over Grambling right now due to their schedule strength (even though the coaches poll doesn't agree). TnSt would have to win all those conference games which would be tough. @Tiger1 , how y'all looking in the OVC?

Why do y'all think NCCU is better than SCST?

NCCU is 4-0 in the MEAC and 6-2 overall I believe. SCSU is one of those 3-2 MEAC teams with a losing overall record. They look like they beat the teams they're supposed to beat in the MEAC and lose to the good teams (not including the FBS beatdowns)

If there's a year in which a HBCU deserves an at-large playoff bid this year looks like that (the A&T/NCCU loser, TnSU and PV in that order have the best cases)

NCCU has been escaping with victories...they aren't THAT great...heck, FAMU actually blew a late 4th quarter lead against the Eagles to lose 17-13

In the MEAC, NCA&T looks to be the best, but even they have some flaws.

From what I've seen, Grambling, TSU and A&T are the top 3

NCCU is 4-0 in the MEAC and 6-2 overall I believe. SCSU is one of those 3-2 MEAC teams with a losing overall record. They look like they beat the teams they're supposed to beat in the MEAC and lose to the good teams (not including the FBS beatdowns)

If there's a year in which a HBCU deserves an at-large playoff bid this year looks like that (the A&T/NCCU loser, TnSU and PV in that order have the best cases)
Actually look at their schedule and results. SCSU is 3-3 with all losses coming to FBS schools.

I think TnSt would get the nod over Grambling right now due to their schedule strength (even though the coaches poll doesn't agree). TnSt would have to win all those conference games which would be tough. @Tiger1 , how y'all looking in the OVC?

We win out and we are in. We drop one of the last 4 and I think we are on the bubble

1. NCAT but they seem to be 1 dimensional with T. Cohen. If you can pass the ball they are very beatable.

2A&B Grambling & TNSU- Grambling gets the slight edge because of there QB.

4.NCCU

5. PV

Actually look at their schedule and results. SCSU is 3-3 with all losses coming to FBS schools.

I actually did and it appears that they will probably finish at worst 6-4 (A&T is their only tough game. SSU is improved but NSU and Hampton are wins). A tiebreaker situation hurts them as far as the CB bowl

I would say A&T beating Kent State and Grambling leading Arizona the way they did puts them at 1 and 1A with NCCU possibly at 1C (also undefeated in MEAC like A&T) and Southern following closely and TSU slightly behind them rounding out top 5. If I ranked them now

A&T
Grambling
NCCU
Southern
Tennessee State

Honorable mentions: Alcorn and PV (the other MEAC schools with winning records in conference like FAMU currently have losing overall records)

Alcorn and PV?

Back