So how exactly did Hopson turn Alcorn around?

I already addressed that.. he got more PLUS as I understand it, he was allowed to raise money. Remember when Ole Earnie got fired? it was because he was fundraising.
...and let's hope the administration keeps the funding level up. Their new Presidents seems a bit looney.
We all already know, but then some folk want to hold D. Whiteman up like he changed the game.

Alcorn ought to be ashamed for not fully supporting the coach and program until D. Whiteman became H.C.

We all already know, but then some folk want to hold D. Whiteman up like he changed the game.

Alcorn ought to be ashamed for not fully supporting the coach and program until D. Whiteman became H.C.
Not true. Dr. Ross gave Jones his full support and resources that he needed when he came on board. That's when the program seemed to be turning around until the entire fiasco with Hamilton. Ross was a business minded President that understood the financial part of supporting athletics. He did have to ruffle the feathers of some of the old guard still there because they only wanted to give the bare necessities. The leadership afterwards has invested more in athletics. During Thomas time, Dr. Bristow was strictly academics so that's why Thomas was able to last so long.

Not true. Dr. Ross gave Jones his full support and resources that he needed when he came on board. That's when the program seemed to be turning around until the entire fiasco with Hamilton. Ross was a business minded President that understood the financial part of supporting athletics. He did have to ruffle the feathers of some of the old guard still there because they only wanted to give the bare necessities. The leadership afterwards has invested more in athletics. During Thomas time, Dr. Bristow was strictly academics so that's why Thomas was able to last so long.

If Ross raised the support and finances, then why did you all still only offer 45 scholarships? ..and players had to use torn up cleats? He might have raised it but not enough to make you all relevant like Brown did with Hopson.

If Ross raised the support and finances, then why did you all still only offer 45 scholarships? ..and players had to use torn up cleats? He might have raised it but not enough to make you all relevant like Brown did with Hopson.

There was an issue between Jones and Hamilton and Ross stayed neutral.

DAMN!!! He just went off on AAMU.

You mean this AAMU?

rn9Khyem.jpg

Who's blaming JSU for anything? All I wanted was insight from Alcorn people on how their program got turned around.
They hired someone white (according to su posters). But no one white wants to come to your program, cause y'all banned.

Alcorn didn't fully support it's Black coaches like they did Hopson. They treated previous Black coaches like crap with it's non-financing.
In addition to that, over the last four or five years, the SWAC has had some of the worst coaches in it's history. The level of play-calling during that time has been downright putrid.
Hopson just happened to come along at a time when the SWAC was at it's worst, which made his coaching look better than it was.
Right now, I challenge anyone to name at least one quality coach in the SWAC over the past four years that's worth remembering.
Prior to Hopson's tenure, I can name several coaches who'd run rings around him.

Alcorn didn't fully support it's Black coaches like they did Hopson. They treated previous Black coaches like crap with it's non-financing.
In addition to that, over the last four or five years, the SWAC has had some of the worst coaches in it's history. The level of play-calling during that time has been downright putrid.
Hopson just happened to come along at a time when the SWAC was at it's worst, which made his coaching look better than it was.
Right now, I challenge anyone to name at least one quality coach in the SWAC over the past four years that's worth remembering.
Prior to Hopson's tenure, I can name several coaches who'd run rings around him.

Damn! This post has a lot of jealousy/hostility in it. One would think this poster cheers for a school that was down and went thru multiple coaches lately. I would hate to think that.

Damn! This post has a lot of jealousy/hostility in it. One would think this poster cheers for a school that was down and went thru multiple coaches lately. I would hate to think that.
You sound like a republican, ignore the truth in the situation find a way to divert and attack. The only difference from your comment and a trump tactic us you didn't curse.

And Valley guy will agree with anything anti JSU

Yet again you prove to be...
dionne-cher-clueless.jpg

I am no valley supporter I don't care about them one way or the other.
JSU is one of the programs I wish doom and gloom for on a regular basis. So no way am I a cosigner for them.
I tell the truth as I see it, even when it's not pretty for the institution I support.
Wake up and face reality, Hopson came into the SWAC when many programs were down.

Last edited:
Yet again you prove to be...
dionne-cher-clueless.jpg

I am no valley supporter I don't care about them one way or the other.
JSU is one of the programs I wish doom and gloom for on a regular basis. So no way am I a cosigner for them.
I tell the truth as I see it, even when it's not pretty for the institution I support.
Wake up and face reality, Hopson came into the SWAC when many programs were down.

LOL.. He wasn't talking about you. He was talking about the valley guy that like the post by Goodolebrave

Back