Singer Jackie Neal

Discussion in 'Small Talk' started by JagBR, Mar 11, 2005.

1. JagBR

JagBR New Member

Blues Lovers, Singer Jackie Neal was murdered.

2. SLT

SLT Active Member

Who?

3. SAME OLD G

SAME OLD G A product of Greatness Staff Member

Wow!!! Are you serious?

I hadn't heard of Jackie Neal until a couple of years ago while going through South Louisiana on my way to the BC. She was a in studio guest on one of the local radio stations talking about a new album that was coming out. They played some of the songs from the album and I was laughing my ass off they were so funny. I instantly became a fan.

Hate to hear that about Jackie.

4. cat daddy

cat daddy Active Member

She was pretty much a local artist. She comes from a local family full of musical artist. She was killed by an ex-boyfriend who then turned the gun on himself. He survived the attempted suicide.

Here is the story from this mornings paper.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/stories/031105/new_salon001.shtml

5. Seeing Spots

Seeing Spots Joyful Woman!

:bawling::bawling::bawling:

6. SLT

SLT Active Member

Thanks for the info my friend.

That is so tragic.....:(

7. Warndalyn

Warndalyn Postmaster General!!!

Never heard of her, but never glad to hear such news about anyone. May she RIP, and may GOD give her family the strength they'll need. :(

8. bigtyme2

bigtyme2 Well-Known Member

I read this in this on 2theadvocate I met Jackie about 2 years ago she was regional blues singer she had a show up here near Starkville Miss. tonight. If any of you have come to the tailgate parties at SU Jackie usually performed at the post game party.

9. cat daddy

cat daddy Active Member

Finest, her dad was Raful Neal. He was a long time blues singer in and aroung the BR Area.

10. SAME OLD G

I figured she was a local artist, but she won me over when I heard the words to her song, "I'm not in love with you, I just in love with yo stuff!" :lol:

Dayum I hate to hear this.

11. Seeing Spots

Yes indeed, she laid it down didn't she? SOGGY have you heard "That's How We Roll?" I love it and you will too, it's on her last CD.

Raful Neal died last fall. The Neal family's band is awesome. The son Kenny and the daughter Jackie were the headliners. The band played before and after Southern's home football games this year. They missed one, to bury Raf, but were back the next game. They are a very close knit family and were deeply sorrowed by the passing of the family's patriach, I know this has devastated them.

They played for the Mayor's inagural ball and did they turn it out! :tup:

So sad...

12. Jax

Jax ***HAIL HYDRA***

I heard the news from a church member who was at the salon at the time Jackie was murdered. We got the call at about 8:30 last night. :bawling:

RIP Jackie.

13. cat daddy

cat daddy Active Member

People were all over the place at the Great Hall.

14. Warndalyn

Warndalyn Postmaster General!!!

My Mother told me how big her funeral was....:( I didn't know her, but most Baton Rougeons did.

GOD rest her soul..RIP

15. JSTUS

JSTUS THE WARHORSES!!!

That was the talk of BR yesterday. Prayers up.

16. JagBR

JagBR New Member

Has anyone heard why the other lady was shot?

17. cat daddy

cat daddy Active Member

:nod: :shame:

18. Seeing Spots

19. JagBR

JagBR New Member

I didn't know her but did see her R V at the games. I have heard rumors. But that is always the case when someone is killed.Did you hear what I heard?

20. cat daddy

cat daddy Active Member

I'll just say that dude could have had a lot of fun had he played his cards right. :ebrow:

21. Seeing Spots

:slap:

:lmao:

22. MikeBigg

MikeBigg Active Member

Dude you wrong..(but I couldn't help but lmao).

Jackie was good people...Several years ago her Dad, She, and Ray Jr played at our club in North La. I used to visit them over at the old Peyton Lounge on Arcadian when they opened it as Neal's Place. Good people and talented family.

23. Jax

Jax ***HAIL HYDRA***

:shh:

24. bigtyme2

bigtyme2 Well-Known Member

Jackie was pretty open about her preferances. ;)

25. SAME OLD G

Huh :confused: .........OOOOhhhhhhhhhh I see now! :what:..... Now I gotcha! :idea:

Dayum Jackie! :uhoh: