Silas is out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

northern tiger

This is a bunch of BULLSH@T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A black man can't lose two games in a row without being fired.
:redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot:

I bet they try to get Phil "Lazy Azz" Jackson.

ESPN.com news services

CLEVELAND -- Paul Silas was fired as coach of the Cleveland Cavaliers on Monday with his team fighting for a playoff spot after leading its division earlier this year. Long-time NBA assistant Brendan Malone will be the interim coach.

While Silas has helped James' career soar, the rest of the team has struggled.
Silas told The Associated Press he was informed of the change at a morning meeting with general manager Jim Paxson and new owner Dan Gilbert. Silas' son, assistant Stephen Silas, also was fired.

"They didn't think the team was performing as well as it should be and they wanted to make a change," Paul Silas said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2018311

Damn! :mad:

They going to make the playoff this year. What's the problem? So they lost a couple of games. WTF! :mad:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Dayum, that's a bold move for a team being lead by a 2 year pro, and a bunch of castoff's. I don't know who decided to make the move, but they can't seriously think that with the talent that's currently on their roster, that they're a serious contender for a title.

They're exactly where they should be at this point, with the talent they have on hand. A team that's in the playoff hunt. It was just 2 short years ago, that this team was a NBA laughingstock, with the Clippers, and Warriors. Granted LeBron is more polished than a lot of people thought he would be at this point, it still doesn't change the fact that this team is full of gypsy's.

Schit, I watch them dayum near everytime they play, and still can't name their starting 5.

Hopefully Paul will land on his feet somewhere, because he's a decent coach.
Sorry he had to go out like this.

NICE

What's basically happened here is that Silas became the victim of expectations that were out of whack. Early in the season, the team was overachieving and in combination with Detroit struggling, they were in contention for the Central Division title. But recently, the team has been struggling, coming back down to the reality that, as D-Nice alluded to, this team is basically LeBron James and 11 warm bodies. But you also have to factor in the new ownership that's coming in, it's not uncommon for new owner(s) to want to bring in a hand-picked coach.

Jim Paxson is still the GM.

Silas will not back down from anyone and I am sure he didn't get along with Paxson. Why Paxson is a GM I will never understand. It has always been my gut feelilng as soon as Paul got the team rolling he would get fired. Guys like this will not get an easy job. Maybe the Lakers will hire him to get them back on track.

Silas will get another head coaching job.

There has to be some off the court issue going on here. I can't believe they are disappointed in his on court job.

MightyDog said:
Jim Paxson is still the GM.

Silas will not back down from anyone and I am sure he didn't get along with Paxson. Why Paxson is a GM I will never understand. It has always been my gut feelilng as soon as Paul got the team rolling he would get fired. Guys like this will not get an easy job. Maybe the Lakers will hire him to get them back on track.

Silas and Kobe? That wouldn't work either.

Robber said:
Silas will get another head coaching job.

There has to be some off the court issue going on here. I can't believe they are disappointed in his on court job.

I think Paul and Paxson are not seeing eye to eye. Then the outburst Paul had last week that he apologize for when talking about Carlos Boozer. I think you had the same situation that Joe Dumars had with Rick Carlisle. Just didn't get along. Paxson is on the hotseat with the new ownership to produce a winner so I am sure they will pursue a bigger name coach. Paxson may be the next casualty. Only LeBron is untouchable in Cleveland.

jag4life said:
...but Rudy T had nothing but good things to say. I wish he would have stayed healthy. :(

Silas wouldn't put up with Kobe ways though. Silas is just too old school for that. He would actually bench Kobe if he had too. Same way Avery just did Nowitski for messing up an assignment. Even Jordan respected Phil. Kobe aint there yet with the respect factor. Maybe one they he will get there. Even AI has seen the light since Larry Brown left.

Rudy T was overated anyway. I lived in H-town for 10 years and watched his non coaching go on. Inside and Out was all he did. Nothing special. The Rockets won in spite of Rudy not because of him. Carroll Dawson was the real coach behind the Rockets. Rudy's nickname around the Rocket office was George of Jungle lol. He let those players do what they wanted. He never controlled a team ala a Pat Riley or Jerry Sloan at Utah. Sloan would be a perfect coach for Kobe. Maybe he might respect him.

It has been said that Paul Silas is a player's coach also. That's the reason (as in B.S.) George Shin gave when he fired him from the Hornets.

Back