SHOULD WE BE CONCERNED ABOUT........?

Donald K. Willi

Should we be concerned about the number of Black quarterbacks who are being projected as wide receivers at the next level?
Michael Robinson-Penn State
Brad Smith-Missouri
Marques Hagans-Virginia
Reggie McNeal-Texas A&M.

Nope,

They were trash in college so why would one assume them to be NFL caliber Qb's.

It's been long enough now and blacks have enjoyed too much success at the position to still assume this is a race issue. Hel* Matt Jones was an athlete at QB in college and got moved.

NO CONSPIRACY theory out of me on this one. The boys you mentioned should be appreciative of the shot at any position.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
DonTiger said:
Nope,

It's been long enough now and blacks have enjoyed too much success at the position to still assume this is a race issue. Hel* Matt Jones was an athlete at QB in college and got moved.

NO CONSPIRACY theory out of me on this one. The boys you mentioned should be appreciative of the shot at any position.

END OF STORY

DonTiger said:
Nope,

Calling them trash might be a bit harsh. But DonTiger has a point. None of these QBs are NFL material, but Michael Robinson, Brad Smith, and McNeal may turn into decent receivers.

To me the answer is yes.

Actually, McNeal was rated a better passer than Vince Young going into the 2005 season. He was not garbage. He can throw the ball very well-especially the deep ball. Just look at his game against Oklahoma in 2002 when he was a freshman for starters.

As for Matt Jones he was a very good running quarterback. But his passing skills were minimal. So I am not suprised that he is not at the QB position.

DonTiger said:
Nope,

Co-sign

I'm predicting it though, I bet u next draft everybody and their mama are gone be taking shots at Chris Leak about his height. You heard it here first.

All of those guys were not garbage.
-----

McNeal Leads West to a 35-31 victory in 2006 East-West Shrine Game

Story from The Associated Press
Saturday, January 21, 2006 Toolbox

SAN ANTONIO (AP)- Texas A&M's Reggie McNeal's 23-yard touchdown strike to Oregon State's Mike Hass capped a come-from-behind victory for the West squad in the 2006 East-West Shrine Game presented by AT&T.

McNeal, who sat out A&M's last regular season game with an ankle injury, was 9-11 passing for 211 yards and ran for another 32 yards on four carries. His 66-yard pass to Jason Carter set up a four yard touchdown run from New Mexico's DonTrell Moore that brought the West within three points to 31-28 with 6:55 left in the fourth quarter.

Reggie Mc Neal was a victim of Coach Franchione's non-pro style offense. He is about 6'5" which is a good height for a QB.

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/Big_12/2005_Previews/TexasAM_offense.htm
Reggie McNeal, Sr. - McNeal had a resurgent season turning into one of the nation's best all-around quarterbacks and one of the most efficient with only four interceptions to 14 touchdowns passes completing 58% of his passes. He has good size and terrific mobility rushing for 718 yards and eight touchdowns. The key was his consistency throwing for over 200 yards in ten games. With a few big wins early, he'll be considered in the Heisman race.

Back