Sean Woods to USM?

major095

ASU4real
saw this tweeted and retweeted. not actually happening, yet, but just the possibility. thoughts on this swac nation?

saw this tweeted and retweeted. not actually happening, yet, but just the possibility. thoughts on this swac nation?

his coaching is still up in the air to me... He had a team filled with seniors... he was suppose to win this year.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
his coaching is still up in the air to me... He had a team filled with seniors... he was suppose to win this year.

So true, he needs to stay at valley for at least three more years because so many of our basketball coaches jump to what they consider greener pastures and they don't last there no more than two years.

That's funny. I was just reading on another site that Sean Woods is a finalist for the North Carolina A&T position.

I do not see USM hiring Woods, they let Green go. Green went to Valley and did a decent job and quit and went to JSU. We have not heard much about him since. That is saying that because you do a good job in the SWAC does not mean that you can coach in other conferences. And if I was Valley, I would let Woods look for greener pastures and hire his assistant Potts for the head coaching job before someone else hire him. Deja vu.

http://hoopdirt.com/blog/ac1dff74/north-carolina-aampt-candidates/

North Carolina A&T candidates
Posted by The DirtKing on Tuesday, April 10, 2012 at 3:01pm.
The search at North Carolina A&T is really heating up. I keep hearing that there are three leaders right now. They are:

Horace Broadnax – Head Coach Savannah State. Has really turned around the Savannah State program. Won 2 games his first season (2005-06) – led his squad to 21-wins and an NIT bid this year. Also spent five seasons as the head coach at Bethune-Cookman. Played collegiately at Georgetown and won a National Championship in 1884. Won bunch of post-season COY awards this year.

Sean Woods – Head Coach Mississippi Valley State. Another guy who has turned around a program. MVSU has gotten better in each of Woods four seasons there. Won 21 games this past year and advanced to the NCAA Tournament. Was also the recipient of many post season awards this year including the SWAC COY and the Ben Jobe Award.

Bobby Collins – Head Coach Winston-Salem State. Another 21 game winner in 2011-12. Also spent four seasons as the head coach at Hampton. Won the CIAA Championship this past season. Seems to be the local favorite here, and enjoys the support of a large group of alums.

Whoever wrote this article did not do much research. When Woods went to Valley they had advanced to the NCAA Tournament that year if I remember correctly. Valley has always had a decent basketball team. Good luck to Coach Woods because anyone of these guys, I think, would be a good choice.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back