SCG PREDICTIONS AS OF NOW

Wasn't our RB...KR

Man JSU converts the 4th down...what makes you or anyone think they would have scored 6? That part I don't understand..so they make the 1st down, they are going to win the game now?

The same dude plays both positions. come on man folks on here trying to focus on outside issues. Willie Quinn was stupid and caused a TD to be reversed. Is that better? LOL....

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...e-updates-jackson-state-vs-southern/92147752/

The Tigers’ offense couldn’t do much from there, gaining 24 yards on six plays but punting with about five minutes left in the fourth quarter on a fourth-and-2 play. Fans booed the decision.

So Hughes had no fucking faith in his damn offense to get two yards. Apparently from the article I'm not the only one who was confused or as the article states angry.

Not going for it on a 4th and 2 broke the offense's morale. Whether JSU or others want to admit it I bet the offense wanted to go for it to create some form of momentum boost. Hughes had not prepared for scenario like this with his offense.

Referring to below comment. Regardless...the called back TD was based on stupidity of SU's RB. If you all had one timeout left and you are losing with 5 minutes left and your team had some momentum....have faith in your offense to put up points. Why risk a punt that could be returned by SU special teams?

Hughes just did not have faith in his offense.

Over 5 minutes with 1 timeout is plenty of time to force a 3 and out and get the ball back. The defense was playing well and creating turnovers so punt the ball, pend them deep, and let them make a mistake.

Over 5 minutes with 1 timeout is plenty of time to force a 3 and out and get the ball back. The defense was playing well and creating turnovers so punt the ball, pend them deep, and let them make a mistake.

Would you rather Willie Quinn on the field or on the sideline? Would you rather Tillery on the field or on the sideline? Plus your running back ran for a 2 yard TD....he couldn't get a 2 yard first down?

The same dude plays both positions. come on man folks on here trying to focus on outside issues. Willie Quinn was stupid and caused a TD to be reversed. Is that better? LOL....

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...e-updates-jackson-state-vs-southern/92147752/

So Hughes had no fucking faith in his damn offense to get two yards. Apparently from the article I'm not the only one who was confused or as the article states angry.

Not going for it on a 4th and 2 broke the offense's morale. Whether JSU or others want to admit it I bet the offense wanted to go for it to create some form of momentum boost. Hughes had not prepared for scenario like this with his offense.

Aye breh

Watch you tone and delivery
20i97wg.png

Would you rather Willie Quinn on the field or on the sideline? Would you rather Tillery on the field or on the sideline? Plus your running back ran for a 2 yard TD....he couldn't get a 2 yard first down?

Our defense is ahead of the offense so if I'm the coach I punt and play defense with that much time only down by 4 instead of going for it and not getting it and giving SU a very short field.

Also we ran a play on 3rd down and couldn't pick up the 1st down right before the 4th and 2. It was 3rd and about 3

Our defense is ahead of the offense so if I'm the coach I punt and play defense with that much time only down by 4 instead of going for it and not getting it and giving SU a very short field.

Also we ran a play on 3rd down and couldn't pick up the 1st down right before the 4th and 2. It was 3rd and about 3

Semi-real question

Your defense against SU, are you proud that SU wasn't able to score TDs or proud that your defense didn't give up 50, because If my memory is correct, we only punted the ball 1 time, maybe 2..I may be wrong...
We moved the ball at will and if you look at the Total Yards from that game, is that something as a defense coach should be proud of

Just asking...I can't seem to get the whole defense talk and how yall defense played so good....no smack..just wanna get a better understanding from your point of view.

Dog j st wasn't stopping us all night. We stopped ourselves against them trust me. Dog if we play j st in the ship it want b close. I credit the close game due to that 21 day layoff.

Dog j st wasn't stopping us all night. We stopped ourselves against them trust me. Dog if we play j st in the ship it want b close. I credit the close game due to that 21 say layoff.

That's my point...I'm not getting this entire good defense JSU was playing. I would much rather my offense on the field with 5 minutes left and I'm losing rather than punting off to SU any day then having to deal with Quinn and Tillery...hell to the naw!!!! Get the two damn yards and go for TD. Plus during that 5 minutes you have a time out.

Now I will agree 21 days off is absolutely too long. Hell we came out sluggish as hell against Valley.

That's my point...I'm not getting this entire good defense JSU was playing. I would much rather my offense on the field with 5 minutes left and I'm losing rather than punting off to SU any day then having to deal with Quinn and Tillery...hell to the naw!!!! Get the two damn yards and go for TD. Plus during that 5 minutes you have a time out.

Now I will agree 21 days off is absolutely too long. Hell we came out sluggish as hell against Valley.

That's what I asked the ( nasty d )guy, what lens were they looking in to stand on JSU having such a good defense...cuz we didn't hang 50 on them like the previous 2 or 3 years...I mean we were playing in their back yard all night and like I stated, we only punted 1 or 2 times that game...
Now compare that to the game we played this past Saturday, we didn't punt at all....Can UAPB say they played good defense too? and I think the total yards of that game and JSU game are about what and what but I could be wrong...again, maybe they are seeing things in their defense that we are not seeing founders..I shruggs...

Semi-real question

Your defense against SU, are you proud that SU wasn't able to score TDs or proud that your defense didn't give up 50, because If my memory is correct, we only punted the ball 1 time, maybe 2..I may be wrong...
We moved the ball at will and if you look at the Total Yards from that game, is that something as a defense coach should be proud of

Just asking...I can't seem to get the whole defense talk and how yall defense played so good....no smack..just wanna get a better understanding from your point of view.

You punted more than twice im guessing you missed the part where I stated they were creating turnovers..3 to be exact (bend but don't break). That's what decent defenses do they find a way to get off the field whether it's force a 3 and out or create a turnover. But this thread ain't about JSU or SU or GSU for that matter. State yall predictions and move along

We didn't capitalize against JSU like we should have. We didn't have trouble moving the ball. We left alot of points on the field. We also had a punt block and great play call from JSU on the Williams TD that put him on a over matched safety. Brilliant call.

The layoff hurt. Stupid stuff we did hurt us scoring more. Menard had good day against JSU defense. Our TE moved the chains for first downs on the defense and Tillery ran for over a 100 yards and I thought we didn't use him enough at times. Our playcalling on third down targeting Willie too damn much also killed some drives. I expected JSU to shadow him as much as possible. Now this is not saying JSU defense is slaw. They are better this year than last. They are better coached no doubt acrossed the board in my opinion. Teams like Gram and SU can't take them too lightly if we see them again. You need to put the foot on their neck early and often. I expect them to get better. But right now the best way to beat them is stick to a solid game plan and don't deviate. In the past when their coaching was very suspect, you could get away with that. Now you can see they are believing in their new coaches each week. Just don't have all the pieces yet. I know the JSU faithful is still leery of Chad. But I think he is waiting to unleash his own offense next year when they turn it over to the Freshman they got on the bench.Right now they are conservative and trying not to turn the ball over which lead to Ivy getting benched.

You punted more than twice im guessing you missed the part where I stated they were creating turnovers..3 to be exact (bend but don't break). That's what decent defenses do they find a way to get off the field whether it's force a 3 and out or create a turnover. But this thread ain't about JSU or SU or GSU for that matter. State yall predictions and move along

Austin and the WR were not on the same page on one of those turnovers in the end zone after the Willie Quinn taunting episode. Bad series there. The punt block was good scouting on our inexperienced punter and the protection break down. JSU caught us at the right time in my opinion. Had they caught us this week or earlier before the layoff. I think it would have been a different score. We looked raggedy in that game in my opinion. Glad we didn't have to travel to PV after that long layoff.

Well, you can say that about every team in the East without singling out one team.

Actually I have to agree with ole JayRob on this. JState has a good of chance of beating everyone in the East as they have of beating them. Right now the games will be close due to JSU offense still trying to find itself. But there is no offense in the East that can just pull away from JSU. Alcorn would be the only wild card in that. They are still the champs until someone dethrones them. We need to help yall with that this weekend. LOL.

Actually I have to agree with ole JayRob on this. JState has a good of chance of beating everyone in the East as they have of beating them. Right now the games will be close due to JSU offense still trying to find itself. But there is no offense in the East that can just pull away from JSU. Alcorn would be the only wild card in that. They are still the champs until someone dethrones them. We need to help yall with that this weekend. LOL.
Teams in the East have always been sorry. That's why Comegy was able to stick around for so long. 2007 was the last year that the East was tough, i.e. at least three legitimate teams that could go to the SCG and compete.

Since 2007, there's been at least one...two at the most. In 2016, there really aren't any, but somebody has to go to Houston. But people in here acting like this is something that's unique to the SWAC East.

Hol' up....so JSU, who y'all barely squeaked by ain't 'bout isht, but Bama St., who y'all blew out, ain't to be slept on. Oh ok.

That tells me everything I need to know, right there.

If you think about things..we blew out Bama St and you guys (no smack) are not as good as them...I would say they are better than you guys...They have a lot of more talent...so that should tell you something as well...

Back