Scandal rocks Jackson church

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be glad to share scriptures with you. I'm not here to condemn, but truly to shed some light for all of us, including myself, to get a clear understanding of what God wants us to do with what He has given us. Let's start. What scriptures do you have to share about you being right?

Hebrews 7:4 says the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law,

Now what pastor you know of is a Levite?

again

Moses' Teachings say that members of the tribe of Levi who become priests must receive a tenth of everything from the people. The priests collect it from their own people, Abraham's descendants.

Even if we were still under Mosaic Law

Is your pastor from the tribe of Levi?

What about the other Mosaic Laws you don't even attemt to follow?

I am only saying what the Bible says. Do you really know what the church or who the church is? I wonder. The church is the people!!!! Not the building. And when it comes to the tithe.....

If the Church is the PEOPLE.. why must I join a CHURCH to give to the PEOPLE!?!?!

I'll be glad to share scriptures with you. I'm not here to condemn, but truly to shed some light for all of us, including myself, to get a clear understanding of what God wants us to do with what He has given us. Let's start. What scriptures do you have to share about you being right?

Before you post the verse from Malachi understand

When you study your Bible, you must find out to whom God is speaking and what God is speaking about.

When you Study Malachi note

God is speaking here to Jewish people in regard to a literal storehouse, a warehouse into which Israel brought tithes of food for the use of the priests and Levites.

Notice what God says, "Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation."

what nation? Jewish nation.

Ephesians 1:3 tells us that we are blessed with all spiritual blessings in Christ

In Christ Not in tithing

See we don't bargain with God, the gift of salvation is free to those
who believe. No man enter unto the Father except through Jesus

how can anyone take this passage of Scripture in Malachi and apply it to the church?

The Jews were told to "bring all their tithes into the storehouse." And the storehouse adjoined the temple at Jerusalem where the Jews brought their field produce and flocks. There is no storehouse in this dispensation of grace. There is no tribe of Levi today to receive tithes. The temple at Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 AD when Titus and his Roman Army came into Jerusalem and scattered the Jews to the four corners of the earth.

Oh and what about those other Old Testament Laws most preachers are silent about? Doesn't it seem strange they never try to
apply them to todays church, maybe it's no profit in attempting that with those?

Last edited:

Following your lead. As you stated the bible requires tithing, please provide me reproof and correction by the scriptures. Two witnesses please.

No reference to Malachi here. Everybody wants to run to Malachi 3:10. It's important to understand that everything that we have belongs to God!!!!! Wouldn't you agree? The Church needs money in order to operate in this world and that the Church might occasionally mention that fact without losing its grip on the Gospel. Since we are the Church, we should contribute at least the tithe. Gen 28:22 - "and this stone that I have set up as a pillar will be God's house, and of all that you give me I will give you a tenth." The meaning is that we should present the tithe to the Lord. Give God's House the 10% and we should be good stewards of what we and anyone else gives to the Church. Sometimes we are too timid to make our Christian Leaders accountable for what they do with our tithes and offering on a Qtrly basis. We should get a report of our giving. Right? That's why we talk bad about our Leaders when they are riding good and living good. If we choose them to represent us as our pastors, we should take care of them since they "cover" us concerning the operation and direction of our Church. We should again, hold them accountable for our giving since they are hold accountable to God to be our Spiritual Covering in that specific local church body. So what's hard about giving 10% that doesn't belong to us already to our Spiritual House? I know what you're gonna say.

Before you post the verse from Malachi understand

When you study your Bible, you must find out to whom God is speaking and what God is speaking about.

When you Study Malachi note

God is speaking here to Jewish people in regard to a literal storehouse, a warehouse into which Israel brought tithes of food for the use of the priests and Levites.

Notice what God says, "Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation."

what nation? Jewish nation.

Ephesians 1:3 tells us that we are blessed with all spiritual blessings in Christ

In Christ Not in tithing

See we don't bargain with God, the gift of salvation is free to those
who believe. No man enter unto the Father except through Jesus

how can anyone take this passage of Scripture in Malachi and apply it to the church?

The Jews were told to "bring all their tithes into the storehouse." And the storehouse adjoined the temple at Jerusalem where the Jews brought their field produce and flocks. There is no storehouse in this dispensation of grace. There is no tribe of Levi today to receive tithes. The temple at Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 AD when Titus and his Roman Army came into Jerusalem and scattered the Jews to the four corners of the earth.

Oh and what about those other Old Testament Laws most preachers are silent about? Doesn't it seem strange they never try to
apply them to todays church, maybe it's no profit in attempting that with those?

Genesis 28:22

So you're trying to say what Jacob did, is what we the church should do today?

Ok let's look at what Jacob did.

This event records the other pre-Mosaic Law mention of tithing.

this is definitely not a spoils-of-war-tithe as in Genesis 14

Jacob, was not responding to a command from God to tithe to a particular ministry of holy service. The formal law was yet centuries in the future

Jacob promised to give God a tenth of all his possessions.

However, Jacob’s promised tithe was conditional

God must first bless him and then bring him back to Isaac’s house in peace. Jacob set the conditions, not God. Jacob made a vow to tithe; God did not ask for it.

if any commandment to tithe had been involved, there would have been no room for bargaining.

Therefore what does what Jacob did, have to do with
The church today?

How did he give 10th to God?
Did he keep doing it?

Jacob is a bad man to be bargaining with God like that,
I'd be too afraid and surely wouldn't use him as a blueprint
especially when I read why Jesus was sent?

Did your pastor just give you that one verse by itself
without the other verses in that chapter, so you would have an understanding
of what's going on?

That's like only hearing half a conversation, and making assumptions.

Last edited:
Genesis 28:22

How does the house of God that Jacob dream about in Genesis equate to A building we call a church.

This house of God was a place Jacob took stones to lay on and go to sleep.. He had a dream a ladder in this place went up to Heaven where God spoke to him.

When he woke he was convinced where he lay was the house of God.

How do this equate to a Church?

Jacob, was not responding to a command from God to tithe to a particular ministry of holy service. The formal law was yet centuries in the future

God must first bless him and then bring him back to Isaac’s house in peace. Jacob set the conditions, not God. Jacob made a vow to tithe; God did not ask for it.

if any commandment to tithe had been involved, there would have been no room for bargaining.

The church today?

Did he keep doing it?

of what's going on?

Right..

If God made sure he had food...and clothes to where so that he could make it back to the Issac's House in peace.

Out of all the Old Testament concepts in the Bible

We have to keep hammering on tithe so much
WHY?
because
tithing is one of the things in the Bible taken out of context the most. It
gets twisted the most

WHY?

Cause people want to get paid "the love of money" is the root of all evil

Of all the concepts in the Old Testament, how come none of them have a whole
movement behind them.

No profit in that.

Twisting the word has to be evil.

But didn't GOD do what HE said that he would for Jacob? Yes!!!!! And Jacob had to own up to what he said that he'd do. Just looking at the result of what Jacob was trying to I guess make GOD do something. He's GOD!!!!! Nuff said. That was just 1 example. I understand who Jacob is, but you missed the concept of what he did at that time. Money was not as important then as it is now!!!! You know that!!!!! Half hearing? You missed the accountability factor that I mentioned that "WE" as the Church should maintain when giving our tithes...... We use every reason not to support the Church, but we can't stand up and be the Church that God called us to be!!!!!

The church today?

Did he keep doing it?

of what's going on?

You're missing it. We make up the Church, the building, and everything that goes into it. And we should govern ourselves based on God's Word!!!! Why can't we, the CHURCH, hold our leaders accountable without always talking bad about them!!!!! We control that!!!!!! But when something goes wrong, we point the finger when we could've made sure that our CHURCH is doing it's job of saving souls and helping the less fortunate!!!!!! C'mon guys. We know better than that!!!!!

How does the house of God that Jacob dream about in Genesis equate to A building we call a church.

This house of God was a place Jacob took stones to lay on and go to sleep.. He had a dream a ladder in this place went up to Heaven where God spoke to him.

When he woke he was convinced where he lay was the house of God.

How do this equate to a Church?

Gotta a question. Since everything belongs to God, what do you think would be acceptable to give to God monetarily and where should the funds go towards?

But didn't GOD do what HE said that he would for Jacob? Yes!!!!! And Jacob had to own up to what he said that he'd do. Just looking at the result of what Jacob was trying to I guess make GOD do something. He's GOD!!!!! Nuff said. That was just 1 example. I understand who Jacob is, but you missed the concept of what he did at that time. Money was not as important then as it is now!!!! You know that!!!!! Half hearing? You missed the accountability factor that I mentioned that "WE" as the Church should maintain when giving our tithes...... We use every reason not to support the Church, but we can't stand up and be the Church that God called us to be!!!!!

You Still have not shown a scripture where
We, the church are commanded to pay tithe today.

You have not even shown a scripture where tithing is even possible today.

We both have a Bible let’s get into them

You show me Scripture and I’ll stand corrected, and will
Thank you for helping me with the Word.

you seem to be making leaps about Jacobs situation, and
suggesting his situation will work for you. That's an assumption
not a command from God, like many pastors preach.

Last edited:

The church today?

Did he keep doing it?

of what's going on?

Dang...

Black people really do need to rise up against these pimps...

They are the ones HURTING our poor black people...

No one asks the question what do these mega churches do for thier communities? Of the 7 in Oak Cliff, I can say only 1 is active in DISD or at least TRIES to be and it's not the Potter's House.
Mine does stuff for Christmas, food pantry, prison ministry, health fairs and summer programs.
Ricky Rush tries but most of his members are there to be SEEN and aren't paying him any attention.
Another church in the hood and has a theater ministry-NONE of the kids in it are from Dallas and there's 80 kids.
A lot of these churches don't do anything in the community because thier members don't live in the area. We honored our high school grads and 3 kids were from DISD. Desoto, Cedar Hill, Duncanville and Arlington had the rest. I can't think of a single preacher in Dallas that has a kid in DISD-it's private school or white school districts.

Guess who was silent during the following-
1) DISD laying off teachers in 2008 when some dummy forgot how to add numbers
2) All the black high schools looking at being shut down for low test scores
3) Wilmer Hutchins ISD getting shutdown
4) DISD's 47% black males not graduating
5) The communties 45% and growing black male HIV rate
6) out of control black males

And yet who are the main ones pushing CROOKED black politicians on folks. I mean Eddie Bernice Johnson screwed over the hood but she got support of the black churches. Same with Royce West and others who have done NOTHING to help blacks but cry racism when Masta or Pedro calls out the hood for being lazy.

Yet when you go to many of the white or Hispanic or a few of the smaller black ones-guess who is active in the community.

These MEGA Church's are nothing more than cash cows for con artist.

And who makes them cash cows? There is a reason many of them setup in the hood or at the border of it. They can't setup in the white neighborhoods, because they lose out on the "poor" negros that won't or can't go to white neighborhoods for church. Think about how many black mega churches are not in the hood? That are not African.

Insyead at these mega churches it's these same people tithing to these pimps..

Exactly, and they actually believe that what they are doing is right. Nevermind my electricity being turned off tomorrow, I gotta give to Creflo Dollar, or I won't make it in!

Here is some more scripture from the Book of Malachi:

Chapter 3 ver7
For the priest's lips should keep knowledge, and they should seek the law at his mouth; for he is the messenger of HaShem of hosts.
But ye are turned aside out of the way; ye have caused many to stumble in the law; ye have corrupted the covenant of Levi, saith HaShem of hosts.
Therefore have I also made you contemptible and base before all the people, according as ye have not kept My ways, but have had respect of persons in the law.

Have we not all one father? Hath not one G-d created us? Why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, profaning the covenant of our fathers?

Chapter 3, ver 5
And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers; and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not Me, saith HaShem of hosts.

Will a man rob G-d? Yet ye rob Me. But ye say: 'Wherein have we robbed Thee?' In tithes and heave-offerings.
Ye are cursed with the curse, yet ye rob Me, even this whole nation.
Bring ye the whole tithe into the store-house, that there may be food in My house, and try Me now herewith, saith HaShem of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall be more than sufficiency.
And I will rebuke the devourer for your good, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your land; neither shall your vine cast its fruit before the time in the field, saith HaShem of hosts.
And all nations shall call you happy; for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith HaShem of hosts.

At my Church (UCC) the Pastor is an employee under a yearly contract which can be extended or terminated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back