Saints to hold traning camp in MS

JSU'99

Allergic to stupidity
JACKSON, Miss. (June 22, 2006) -- The New Orleans Saints are marching to Mississippi.

The Saints announced a four-year agreement to hold training camp at Millsaps College in an attempt to broaden the team's fan base and help new coach Sean Payton build team unity.

"We believe by having camp away, it's good for building a bond for coaches and owners and players," owner Tom Benson said. "We want these to be the Mississippi Saints -- as well as the New Orleans Saints and the Louisiana Saints -- and this is a major start in that direction."

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/NO/9521093

I like training camp still being in the region, but I would have liked to see this go to JSU and they get some of the improvements that are sue to come the way of Milsaps...

Wish I was back home, the drive to Jackson to wath practice would have been worth it....

Suge said:
I like training camp still being in the region, but I would have liked to see this go to JSU and they get some of the improvements that are sue to come the way of Milsaps...

Wish I was back home, the drive to Jackson to wath practice would have been worth it....

When they first started talking about the Saints possibly going to Jackson, I hoped the same thing. Nicholls pocketed quite a few dollars, and some good improvements to their dorms, and locker rooms when the Saints went down there. I guess the proximity to Memorial Stadium was one of the driving points for them though.

At least Duece gets to go back home.

NICE

Suge said:

The advantage of having your oun stadium................even a small one if it's first class.

Milsaps just installed that "Next-turf" surface on their field last year.
Their playing surface is better than what they had in the Superdome.

Blue Bengal said:
Centerfold's was an establishment that fit into the broke college student's budget. Oh the memories.
Some of them Saints players just had a $20,000 shake off SUnday @ She She's:lmao: .

Too bad Bruce got cut. It would've been interesting to know what some of the posters on here perspective would be on how he looks playing in the NFL.

Back