Roland Garros 2015

Olde Hornet

Maria has looked the best coming into the French Open.

Novak has looked the best on the men's side.

You can't count out Serena or Rafa.

Allez!!!!!!!

I agree about Andy, it will get real interesting as we get deep into the tourney. The top 4 are all tough, throw in Roger and Stan into the mix, it's going to be interesting.

The French has to do something about security, to allow a fan on the court is dangerous to the players. Roger could have easily been stabbed, just like Monica was years ago. People have to stop the maddens with these selfies.

2 men and 2 women seeds lost on day 1.

Venus looked her age today. Several times she looked like she decided "that point is not worth the spent energy so let it go now"

Sharapova is looking good!

Monfils drives me crazy, but he pulled out a match he should have won with ease. The top men are looking good.

Serena has a tough match tomorrow against Azeranka, if she plays like she did yesterday, she will be out.

Serena pulled it out again against Vika, what a match.

Jack sock and Sloane are the Americans left. Sloane play Serena on Monday and Jack plays Rafa on Monday.

Sharapova is out - some players just match up well against you and Safarova does that with Maria, they usually have 3 setters, but Lucie did it in two today.

Serena is still getting off to a slow start, losing the first set today. Sloane played well today and it looks like she is turning things around.

The big men are on pace and looking good - Roger, Rafa, Andy, Novak and Stan.

Last edited:
Serena came back nicely to defeat Stevens in 3 sets. I'm still liking Murray on the men's side.

Interesting article on Rafa

How Rafael Nadal became the tennis version of Allen Iverson

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/06/raf...ies-comparison-how-long-can-nadal-play-tennis

Rafael Nadal is done, at least in terms of being a constant Grand Slam threat, even on his favored clay. Oh, he’ll still win tournaments and perhaps even Grand Slams, but his days of consistent dominance are over. He almost certainly won’t be playing at 34, the age Roger Federer will hit in two months while impressively holding firm at No. 2 in the world. And, most importantly, Rafa won’t catch Federer in the all-time Grand Slam race, which The Fed currently leads 17 to 14.

These are only predictions, mind you, but what they aren’t are overreactions to Wednesday’s devastating loss to Novak Djokovic. They’re something I’ve believed since Nadal was in his prime, winning multiple Grand Slams per year. My theory is simple: Rafael Nadal is the tennis version of Allen Iverson. He aged too quickly.

nbcsports cable channel is carrying the completion of the Andy vs Novak match this morning.

Womens final is on NBC broadcast at 9:00 am.

Last edited:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/williams-beats-safarova-3-sets-french-20th-major-152319143--ten.html

Williams beats Safarova in 3 sets at French for 20th major

PARIS (AP) -- What started out as a stroll became quite a struggle for Serena Williams.

After going up by a set and two breaks in the French Open final Saturday, she double-faulted away that lead. Then, suddenly, she trailed in the third set.

As the tension thickened, Williams was warned by the chair umpire for cursing loudly. She even felt the need to hit one shot left-handed.

Ah, but when Williams plays her best, no one is better. Putting aside a lingering illness, a mid-match lull and a feisty opponent, Williams won her third title at Roland Garros and 20th Grand Slam singles trophy by beating 13th-seeded Lucie Safarova of the Czech Republic 6-3, 6-7 (2), 6-2.

Back