Richard Dent claims bias

Richard Dent was part of the Famed 1985 Chicago Bears World Championship team. He harassed Phil Simms and some other QB that played for the LA Rams. He bruised, battered and, beleagured, Tony Eason and Steve Grogan in the Super Bowl. He had more than one great season. From 1984 to 1991, he had the most sacks than any DE in the league. Notice how dominant the Bears defense was back in that time period. Ok you had Singletary, Hampton, Da Fridge, McMichael, Duerson, Fencik, Marshall, Wilson, Richardson, Fraizer. Besides Mike Singletary, Richard Dent was the co-captain of that defense. He was the Reggie White of the NFL before Reggie White. He is in the top 15 of QB sacks.

bullet bob hayes not in hof = mind boggling
ed too tall jones?
everson walls?
harry carson??
in the future i would like to see erik williams formerly of central (oh) get in some day- dominate o-lineman with the cowboys one of the best offensive tackles to play.

I will not say that because he went to a Black school is stopping Dent from getting into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. As someone stated there are only two members of that Bear defense in the hall. As for Bob Hayes I think that his off the field troubles may have prevented some writers for voting for him. Now, I know that there is a rule stating the morals should have no influence on who gets into the hall. But remember the controversy surrounding Lawrence Taylor?

As for Hayes there are a lot of Cowboys who many, including me, think should be in the hall. Frankly, I think that the Cowboys have gotten the shaft when it came to the hall of fame voting. In addition to Fort Valley's Rayfield Wright and Tennessee State's Ed Jones, Leroy Jordan, Tom Rafferty, and Larry Cole are not in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Jordan, Rafferty and Cole are White, and Jordan played at Alabama.

Remember. It is the Pro Football Hall of Fame. The college one is maybe where we should focus our attention.

Harry Carson I remember saying to just take his name off the ballot... :lmao: crime shame that he isnt in yet...

Bullet Bob as well....

oh yeah... in 2010 our HOF number will double to 2 (I'm sure if there was a way they could put him on the 2006 ballot, they would do it) :lmao:

I think black players in general have a harder time getting into the Hall of Fame than white players.

I think if Chicago had one two or more championships the Bears defense would have more players in the hall of fame.

The 85 Bears team was only really good for 3 years. Look at teams after them. They all repeated or had several championships except for GB and Baltimore.

KCPVPanther

$Bill said:
I think black players in general have a harder time getting into the Hall of Fame than white players.
I think I-AA (or coming from current I-AA participating schools) players in general have a harder time getting into the Hall of Fame than I-A (or coming from current I-A participating schools) players.

Great points here. Also compare and contrast today's NFL draft @ HBCU's
when compared with some of our golden years.And what about Ken Riley, Harold Carmicheal, Robert Brazile and Claude Humphery still waiting on that call. :slap:

Race and politics will always be on the radar.

CurtDog 1971 said:
Does everything have to be racist? What are Dent's stats? Did he do something to change the game and who was he up against during his time? I feel that Dent had a decent career but not Hall of Fame worthy. The school he went to is not an issue. And I really don't think that when the voting is done for the NFL hall of fame, the voters are looking at what college an individual went to.
It is what it is ,man. just because the Civil Rights Act was signed doesn't mean that all is gravy. If you don't think that blanket racism exists, then somebody told you wrong brother.

CurtDog 1971 said:
Does everything have to be racist? What are Dent's stats? Did he do something to change the game and who was he up against during his time? I feel that Dent had a decent career but not Hall of Fame worthy. The school he went to is not an issue. And I really don't think that when the voting is done for the NFL hall of fame, the voters are looking at what college an individual went to.

Thank you CurtD

Back