Probe into Florida A&M drum major's death uncovers possible fraud at school

I don't mean to be insensitive to the victim, but I'm growing weary of hearing about this story everyday.

Actually its new shat that keeps comming out. It started with the drum major, then to a girl from ATL, and now a school district in ATLANTA has suspended all marching band activity because of the connection to some club called the RED DOG ORDER that has its roots in FAMU band members from Georgia.

Now they done uncovered fraud at the school while investigating this death that looks to be totally seperate from the hazing incident.. Who knows what else they gonna find on this reem job because ya'll know that since they in there investigating, they gonna look in every direction.

Governor of Florida wants FAMU President suspended.

(AP) TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - Florida Gov. Rick Scott said Thursday he wants the president of Florida A&M University suspended amid multiple investigations spurred by the death of a drum major in a suspected case of hazing.

Scott, who just returned from a seven-day trip to Israel, called the chairman of the FAMU board on Thursday and asked him to suspend James Ammons immediately.

The board last week discussed suspending Ammons, but instead voted to publicly reprimand him. The board meets again Monday.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Governor of Florida wants FAMU President suspended.

(AP) TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - Florida Gov. Rick Scott said Thursday he wants the president of Florida A&M University suspended amid multiple investigations spurred by the death of a drum major in a suspected case of hazing.

Scott, who just returned from a seven-day trip to Israel, called the chairman of the FAMU board on Thursday and asked him to suspend James Ammons immediately.

The board last week discussed suspending Ammons, but instead voted to publicly reprimand him. The board meets again Monday.

Ammons' done.

Once the Penn State child abuse scandal broke, we then heard about the Syracuse stuff and then the AAU basketball coach.

So, these stories about FAMU are a long way from being over.

JH, I am surprised you co-signed that post. This incident is not because blacks value Arts and Drama over Science and Math. Our country values Arts and Drama over that stuff and always have, nothing new. Why you think we see much money made in the Entertainment business and made Hollywood and Broadway what it is today. LOL. Also it has nothing to do with bands thinking they are more important than anybody on campus. These kids today aint no where near as arrogant as the 80s were about band. The difference is the attitude towards your fellow man or woman. The difference was how folks are being raised period. Folks just don't give a fugg about stuff. Now that is a microcosm of society in general....which is deeper than just band folks or black folks. This is truly a different world we live in now. I just hate to see folks just blame it on a BAND thing. If you don't think these sports teams are hazing then I got some real estate to sell you in the swamps of La and Florida. LOL. That is going to be the next level of investigations once they done with bands. No different than all this stuff coming out about all the weirdos around kids in within these sports programs. Society as a whole has issues.

JH, I am surprised you co-signed that post. This incident is not because blacks value Arts and Drama over Science and Math. Our country values Arts and Drama over that stuff and always have, nothing new. Why you think we see much money made in the Entertainment business and made Hollywood and Broadway what it is today. LOL. Also it has nothing to do with bands thinking they are more important than anybody on campus. These kids today aint no where near as arrogant as the 80s were about band. The difference is the attitude towards your fellow man or woman. The difference was how folks are being raised period. Folks just don't give a fugg about stuff. Now that is a microcosm of society in general....which is deeper than just band folks or black folks. This is truly a different world we live in now. I just hate to see folks just blame it on a BAND thing. If you don't think these sports teams are hazing then I got some real estate to sell you in the swamps of La and Florida. LOL. That is going to be the next level of investigations once they done with bands. No different than all this stuff coming out about all the weirdos around kids in within these sports programs. Society as a whole has issues.

I totally agree with this post!! :tup:

I cosigned it based on how people would rather fall to illusions than to open their minds and explore their world, thus learning to become one with it, and creating a better world for everyone. There is nothing wrong with entertainment, though. :lol:

Back