President Obama Said to be Critical of HBCUs

a lot of folks drop out with debt. the new student loan rules penalize u for taking more than 6 years to graduate also.
If so many people drop without debt, why the big fuss about student loans then? Also if you work full time you will take more then six years. In a science field you gain more by working in a place that is similar to your career then someone who goes straight to school for four years. This is why so many kids in your generation don't get jobs. I'm just gone keep it real, you are no good to me if you don't have experience. I'll pick the resume who has it. its not personal, just all about my budget. I don't care what you say, grad rates are for white boys to discriminate with a easy way out. Privileged kids can finish in four years, but most poor kids have to work and it could take longer. That's just reality for folks from poor backgrounds, but rich Ivy league whites running the department of education live in a fake world.

If so many people drop without debt, why the big fuss about student loans then? Also if you work full time you will take more then six years. In a science field you gain more by working in a place that is similar to your career then someone who goes straight to school for four years. This is why so many kids in your generation don't get jobs. I'm just gone keep it real, you are no good to me if you don't have experience. I'll pick the resume who has it. its not personal, just all about my budget. I don't care what you say, grad rates are for white boys to discriminate with a easy way out. Privileged kids can finish in four years, but most poor kids have to work and it could take longer. That's just reality for folks from poor backgrounds, but rich Ivy league whites running the department of education live in a fake world.

No, a lot of people drop out with debt. I am not talking about the stop-outs (as they are defined by govt) that you are referencing. Two different things. The 6 year penalty was given to us by the GOP in exchange for floating interest rates with a cap.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
No, a lot of people drop out with debt. I am not talking about the stop-outs (as they are defined by govt) that you are referencing. Two different things. The 6 year penalty was given to us by the GOP in exchange for floating interest rates with a cap.
Yeah I agree. I know folks who stopped with loans. This is why I could never understand how southern blacks join the GOP. This was a racist move to penalize the poor.

No they want. Proprietary schools are treated different because the Higher Education Act specifies that they can only access Title IV if their programs lead to Gainful Employment.

Hmmm...I guess I don't really know what the "treatment" would be other than some not-so-good looking measures on the http://www.whitehouse.gov/issues/education/higher-education/college-score-card website. But based on the criteria the Dept. of Ed is using (school cost, grad. rate, default rate, employment, etc.), it appears that the fed is paying attention to ROI.

From a layman's point of view, why would you loan money to a student to go to a school that cost 30K if that student could go to a school that charges 15K and receive similar employment opportunities? Seems the goal is to curb sky-rocketing tuition.

Hmmm...I guess I don't really know what the "treatment" would be other than some not-so-good looking measures on the http://www.whitehouse.gov/issues/education/higher-education/college-score-card website. But based on the criteria the Dept. of Ed is using (school cost, grad. rate, default rate, employment, etc.), it appears that the fed is paying attention to ROI.

From a layman's point of view, why would you loan money to a student to go to a school that cost 30K if that student could go to a school that charges 15K and receive similar employment opportunities? Seems the goal is to curb sky-rocketing tuition.
You are right. This is the future. You have no argument from me here. It is a clear consensus that the feds are moving towards a system in which access to Title IV will be dependent upon how they view your students ROI. I was just specifying that they dont have to regulate our schools the same way they do the for profits. The truth is the fed govt is already calculating how much money all of our schools title iv recipients are making when they leave school through social security earnings and one day, that will determine everything

Back