Prairie View A&M vs Rice: Game Updates - 2:30pm CT

Sorry for helping to make the SWAC look so bush league guys. rice has legit student-athletes who outshine us in every position.

The non-funniest thing to see is their kickoff team knocking the shat out of our KR team. Our guys are flat on their azz being knocked backwards. The predictable 1st down wr screen is old, coach smh.

Damn! Strong alumni support from rice alums. Their c/o '66 just gave 4.4M$ to the univ along w/ the other classes giving upwards of 175-400K $ lol. Much kudos.

Jesus to hell gott dayam!!!! rice's band has muthafuggas twice my age :-O . This white lady playing clarinet has to be 73ish w/ jet black hair lookin' like blair witch lol. Scared the shit out of me lol.

Man! Shat! I'm just now breaking free and I login to see this! I got pulled away around 2:00pm and just now getting back to a computer.... :(:(

For some reason, this L annoys me. Hopefully the football team gets it together and ruins jsu homecoming...

I'm not throwing away the team yet. Looks like their is a lot of youth on offense and even though we had spring ball, we still not 100% on which pieces written together. The young rbs seem to be coming along and the OL line still needs work, but they not as porous as 2 weeks ago. We will see how the break half of the season goes

Damn! Strong alumni support from rice alums. Their c/o '66 just gave 4.4M$ to the univ along w/ the other classes giving upwards of 175-400K $ lol. Much kudos.

It was the Class of 1960, they gave $4,489,890.00

14691049_1310399875657261_7046664162763823348_n.jpg

Rice collected close to 7 Million Dollars during the halftime ceremony.

Ut ohhhhhh.... running clock 4th quarter; 65-30 rice outclassing PV.

Ain't no dam running clock.....

PVAMU 44
Rice - 65
Final

PVAMU 44
Rice - 65
Final
The announcer must've gotten it wrong in his announcement when he said "class of 1966 golden anniversary." I know I'm right. No need to try to correct.

Also, I made that observation of the running clock when the team was driving S to N 4th quarter and our WR clearly went out of bounds on the east side boundary yet the official wound up the game clock to keep it running. Hence "running clock" for one play, at least.

PVAMU 44
Rice - 65
Final

Fiyah put your glasses on lol....that check says 1966

The people in the Rice forum confirmed it it as well.

The Marching Storm was great.

Big checks seemed not so big this year except for the golden anniversary class at $4.4M+! Nice job Class of '66!

:eek: That white folk money is REAL. I saw the Class of 2011 alone donated 45k.

Hbcus have more enrollment but this shows mainly the grads in the fields who have prospered give back while we complain...

But philanthropy is preached at pwcs as maybe someone floated half that amount to make it seem big and class of 66 meant someone who made it big financially is in there

HBCUs have a "higher enrollment" due to accepting anything and everything that walks upright on two legs and purports to speak some form of advanced language to communicate. A LOT of those were not college material from the outset and thus the bevvy of anything positive that occurs is shouldered by the few < ~8-9% who had/have that drive for alma mater and fairly well shouldering the burden of doing the most to make up for the "rest." smh rice university has a 97% retention rate. rice university has a 91.3% 4-year graduation rate. Why? Because they select and accept a HIGHER-CALIBER student. Period. I don't think they badger their students about giving while pursuing their degrees. The folks return to give because it's in them because they are a HIGHER-CALIBER and obviously independently self-driven student. Isn't that one of the expected traits of being a top 1-4% HS grad? :D lol I hope so because that's what I've been preaching to a few top 10%ers over the last duration.

@JR , when you were @ The Ohio State University-CMH, did you have employees chasing you down lol :D and shoving the "give back" mantra down your throat? I never missed a single class there, like I never missed a single class @ PVAMU, and I sincerely don't recall any of my profs or admins shoving that ideology down my throat. Ditto during my enrollment time @ SMU and UNT-Denton. Nada. Zilch. Zero. Nothing. Outside....looking in w/ assertions but not a part of, unfortunately.

I'll have this to say, JSU can't get excited and think they will have the same result as Rice for their homecoming ijs

Back