Prairie View A&M New Athletic Complex (Con't)

Status
Not open for further replies.

15k. Just the right size

That's what I said to all those jokers saying it's too small, one thing PV is in the kountry as y'all joke us and we don't have the fanbase to pack a 30k stadium, even U of H don't fill theirs and they in the city. Number 2 why build a stadium to hold people that will be there for only homecoming, I'm hoping we get to host some HS playoff games that would be real cool.

That's what I said to all those jokers saying it's too small, one thing PV is in the kountry as y'all joke us and we don't have the fanbase to pack a 30k stadium, even U of H don't fill theirs and they in the city. Number 2 why build a stadium to hold people that will be there for only homecoming, I'm hoping we get to host some HS playoff games that would be real cool.

Nah that stadium is perfect for y'all and the fan base you have. I actually applaud y'all for building a stadium to suit the fans you have which is what AlaSU should have done imo. It's what's best and what suits your pockets as well. Expand later when attendance grows which is a smart idea. People like to think much bigger than what they actually have which is why we end up in a hole. It's easier to sell out 15k than 25k+ for most schools in the SWAC. Just my opinion.

Nah that stadium is perfect for y'all and the fan base you have. I actually applaud y'all for building a stadium to suit the fans you have which is what AlaSU should have done imo. It's what's best and what suits your pockets as well. Expand later when attendance grows which is a smart idea. People like to think much bigger than what they actually have which is why we end up in a hole. It's easier to sell out 15k than 25k+ for most schools in the SWAC. Just my opinion.

15K puts us as the 2nd largest FCS stadium in Texas.

That's one way to think about it. We also have had gospel events at the stadium and will have high school football games played there this upcoming season. The stadium has become a big attraction for recruits

I don't know how the state of Texas works with hosting playoff games, but we should definitely be in the mix to try and get some. That would be great to get a lot of potential recruits to see our wonderful campus.

That's one way to think about it. We also have had gospel events at the stadium and will have high school football games played there this upcoming season. The stadium has become a big attraction for recruits
Bama state stadium is underused... I saw where they were having 2 high school games there this year but still underused. They need to come down off the facility fee they are charging and host more high school games ...

Bama state stadium is underused... I saw where they were having 2 high school games there this year but still underused. They need to come down off the facility fee they are charging and host more high school games ...

10 local HS games will be played at the new Hornet Stadium this upcoming season. Some are predicting the Park Crossing/JD matchup could be a sellout.

13029672_838072589669617_8712978501021878027_o.jpg

Panther Stadium at sunrise... :D

Last edited:

Beautiful ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. :D

Hott-boxx. You'd better hydrate really well before entering lol.

Last edited:
I hope they name the Track and Field area after coach Barbara Jacket..... This all looks amazing though! Great job PVAMU. Man.... Proud of the strides that the university is making for athletics. We always had Tier 1 facilities for education, but guest only truly visit your campus for athletics and we were subpar in that area. But now once this is done, I hear some talk about expanding the Baby Dome? That would be an interesting reconfigure, that can be done reasonably!

I hope they name the Track and Field area after coach Barbara Jacket..... This all looks amazing though! Great job PVAMU. Man.... Proud of the strides that the university is making for athletics. We always had Tier 1 facilities for education, but guest only truly visit your campus for athletics and we were subpar in that area. But now once this is done, I hear some talk about expanding the Baby Dome? That would be an interesting reconfigure, that can be done reasonably!

Although I don't know it officially but I think it will be the "Hoover Wright-Barbara Jacket Track & Field Stadium" since the previous track had that name.

There is no way they can expand the Baby Dome. They are suppose to do some renovations in it for part of phase II.

Although I don't know it officially but I think it will be the "Hoover Wright-Barbara Jacket Track & Field Stadium" since the previous track had that name.

There is no way they can expand the Baby Dome. They are suppose to do some renovations in it for part of phase II.

Thanks for the update! That name it perfectly fitting. Is it a no on the dome because of it being landlocked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back