Permanent opponents

DAHILL

Does anyone have a list of permanent cross rival opponents for the 7 game mandates ?

I'm going to take a wild guess that they will be the same as it was before. I know it's not anything concrete but I'm feeling real good about this hunch for some reason.

SU/Jackson is the only confirmed permanent cross-division matchup.

That means Prairie View will have either Alcorn or Alabama State since both of them are already on our 2017 schedule.

GSU v. JSU
JSU v. SU
JSU v. PV (if PV get stronger)
GSU v. Alcorn
Alcorn v. SU
PV v. Alcorn

To me that should basically be it.

I mean the games that mean something are played in each division.

There should be no permanent cross division rivals since there really arn't any besides the alleged jsu/su.

I agree. This is the SWAC so it will probably happen smh

I said before that the Texas and Bama schools would be screwed if they allowed permanent rivals since we know for sure that SU/JSU and Grambling/Alcorn are locks and Valley/UAPB would be only of necessity (proximity).

Scheduling SWAC schools as OOC opponents to me is more problematic

There should be no permanent cross division rivals since there really arn't any besides the alleged jsu/su.
Well on Carlos brown fb page he stated the conference was going to a 4-1-2 method... where u play 4 divisional ... 1 permanent from opposite... then 2 that rotate off and on. He stated that SU and JSU were permanent rivals.

Well on Carlos brown fb page he stated the conference was going to a 4-1-2 method... where u play 4 divisional ... 1 permanent from opposite... then 2 that rotate off and on. He stated that SU and JSU were permanent rivals.
It makes the most sense. The BoomBox Classic is a good look for the SWAC. So you keep that game intact annually, and you prevent the Bush League behavior of scheduling a conference member as an out of conference game.

Back