Opening Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Devil's Gun Trigger Man

onward and upward son!
At approximately 4:00 pm CST my Chicago Cubs with embark on their quest to be World Series 2005 Champs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Cubbies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

still mad that ya'll traded sammy though................

Hold on man. How can call yourself a Cubs fan and be mad that they traded Sammy? Sammy should have been gone 3 years ago, he is washed up. I say that as a fan of baseball.

Just in case you are wondering. I grew up in Chicago cheering for people like Leon Durham, Ferggie Jenkins and my boy Ivan DeJesus. I wasn't a Cubs fan, but I did cheer for the "dark skinned" players on the team.

I will say that I almost pissed my pants when Dusty was hired as the Cub's Coach.

The Cubs are not progressive.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Devil's Gun Trigger Man said:
At approximately 4:00 pm CST my Chicago Cubs with embark on their quest to be World Series 2005 Champs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Repeat after me.....Keep hope alive!!!

pv_symbiotic said:
Hold on man. How can call yourself a Cubs fan and be mad that they traded Sammy? Sammy should have been gone 3 years ago, he is washed up. I say that as a fan of baseball.

Just in case you are wondering. I grew up in Chicago cheering for people like Leon Durham, Ferggie Jenkins and my boy Ivan DeJesus. I wasn't a Cubs fan, but I did cheer for the "dark skinned" players on the team.

I will say that I almost pissed my pants when Dusty was hired as the Cub's Coach.

The Cubs are not progressive.

EASY

If you knew Sammy from his days with the white sox, you knew that he has always been out for himself. We just tolerated it because he produced unfortunately. Last season was really the first time that he struggled since '98. The only thing I don't like about the trade was that they got nothing in return. Hairston is injury prone and Baker doesn't want to give him a chance. He is probably a better lead-off hitter than Patterson. The sorry thing about the Sosa situation is that he will F' around and hit 50 hr (with out the 'roids) in Baltimore. Mr DeJesus, what chu know about Jose Cardinal, Manny Trillo, Rick Monday and the Rueschal brothers since you such a CUBS fan. :lmao:

COACH said:
Repeat after me.....Keep hope alive!!!

OK Jesse. But if the Cubs were any other team besides the white sox, they would have a legitimate chance at their division. The infield is straight. It's that d@m Hollandsworth and Burnitz that got me sweatin' it out. Corey Patterson is too d@m streaky. If he was more consistent, it would be a beautiful thang for the Northsiders.

well we spanked the D'backs yesterday, but that ain't saying much. I can deal with Burnitz in right, it is just Hollandsworth in left that irks the hell outta me! I would rather have hairston out there atleast u know he got speed and can lead off so Dusty could bat Corey Patterson lower in the order because Patterson wants to be an RBI guy more of a leadoff hitter. Either that or trade for a leftfielder. I still say they should have got Magglio Ordonez while we have a shot.

Devil's Gun Trigger Man said:
I still say they should have got Magglio Ordonez while we have a shot.

Punk azz Scott Boris was asking for too much money as usual. That was a smooth opening day all around yesterday.

northern tiger said:
Punk azz Scott Boris was asking for too much money as usual. That was a smooth opening day all around yesterday.

Maybe he did but I am so tired of the Tribune Company acting like they are the Twins or something. You are in Chicago a large market team, u got the damn money spend it, then u won't have to worry about geeky, nerdy kids grabbing foul balls. I still blame Alex Gonzalez because he is the one that made the error that opened the door!

I still blame Alex Gonzalez because he is the one that made the error that opened the door!

Yeah, that was a routine play like a mug. It was in his glove and everything. You could not asked for a more perfect double play situation. Ironically, they signed him for his defense. :smh:

Man if the Cubs ever win they might burn Chicago down!

Get ready to burn (again), Chi-town!!!

The opening day win was a thing of beauty. For the first time in forever the Cubs were able to string together base hits and score without the aid of the long ball. I too wanted Sosa gone because it had gotten to the point where he'd do nothing with runners in scoring position at crucial moments of games. He became the king of empty stats.... you know, saving all his home runs and 3 for 5 hitting performance for games that had 5-run margins. :rolleyes:

If the Prior and Wood can come back and remain healthy, the Cubs will be hell to deal with. I'm also concerned about Patterson, Burnitz and Hollingsworth. I'm still pissed the management made no effort to get Carlos Beltran in the offseason. However, I think the team will be fine if Baker has finally learned how to manufacture runs. Maybe Sosa's departure will force him to take a step in that direction.

Man Wood really been shaky his whole career though since blowing his arm out. He can go out there and look like a Cy Young contender, then go out the next day and stink the joint up. I think they may need to get a new pitching coach, because they got TOO MUCH talent to be underachieving like they do. Wood, Prior, and Zambrano should be 20 game winners every year!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back