"One & Dones" and HBCU Basketball?

Draft slots are at stake. If Okafor, Towns, or Winslow each would have gone to 3 different HBCUs and averaged 30 points a game none of the 3 would be a top 5 pick in the draft like they are projected now.
Yea they would, they was projected #1 #2 and 3 out of High School playing with and against worse talent thats in the SWAC.... The NBA aint looking at who you playing against.. and they still would be on TV every Night... they lose nothing but Cash and Gear if they was in the SWAC

Stroke is right....no different than when a talented transfer comes down and scouts flock to see them weekly

What did Ricky weeks lose by playing in the SWAC compared to his brother who played at Miami?

Yea they would, they was projected #1 #2 and 3 out of High School playing with and against worse talent thats in the SWAC.... The NBA aint looking at who you playing against.. and they still would be on TV every Night... they lose nothing but Cash and Gear if they was in the SWAC

Exactly.

As I mentioned before, the kid who committed to SMU but went overseas for last year is still a first round pick and basketball in China is probably on the level of most NCAA teams.

With these athletes seeing more and more how the game works, I honestly don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that it will never happen. i'm a realist also and see that most wanna be on TV as much as possible like in football but it would not shock me within the next 5 years to see one of these players say "hey why am I making Duke or Kentucky millions that they don't need when I can go to SU or JSU for one year".

If Im a SWAC coach I would tell them that Coming to my SWAC school, he would get to Show the NBA how good he really is when he leads the team to NCAA tournament wins.. Its a challenge that builds him.

If Im a SWAC coach I would tell them that Coming to my SWAC school, he would get to Show the NBA how good he really is when he leads the team to NCAA tournament wins.. Its a challenge that builds him.

Kyrie Irving played nine college games and was taken No. 1. Jabari Parker didn't lead Duke to any tournament wins and was taken No. 2. Kevin Durant's Texas team lost by 22 in the second round. He was the No. 2 pick.

NBA scouts know how good these guys are. Unless they bomb in college, their draft stock won't be impacted much.

OK let's be real about it. These guys are getting broke off behind closed doors. What many of these kids are getting under the table for one year of hoops is more than our head coaches' salaries. And every major program you see is doing it. That may be the real reason they won't consider one year at an HBCU.

You really think these guys are just getting room, board and tuition? LOL.

OK let's be real about it. These guys are getting broke off behind closed doors. What many of these kids are getting under the table for one year of hoops is more than our head coaches' salaries. And every major program you see is doing it. That may be the real reason they won't consider one year at an HBCU.

You really think these guys are just getting room, board and tuition? LOL.

Do you have substantial proof of this today or are you continuing to foster a ridiculous urban legend? :D

If you or others have proof, post it, please. And then we'll turn that 411 over to the ncaa and have whomever(s) investigated. I've learned not to buy into superfluous rhetoric w/ respect to athletics and go STRAIGHT to the thoroughbred horses that run in the derby and ask them "why/why not." I'd strongly suggest everyone does likewise instead of painting this doom&gloom picture guesstimating w/ respect to a set of talented kids they have zero contact w/ and choose to make ASSumptions. Not targeting you LS, just the others w/ their brand of feral negro excuse making that's overly rhetorical.

Do you have substantial proof of this today or are you continuing to foster a ridiculous urban legend? :D

If you or others have proof, post it, please. And then we'll turn that 411 over to the ncaa and have whomever(s) investigated. I've learned not to buy into superfluous rhetoric w/ respect to athletics and go STRAIGHT to the thoroughbred horses that run in the derby and ask them "why/why not." I'd strongly suggest everyone does likewise instead of painting this doom&gloom picture guesstimating w/ respect to a set of talented kids they have zero contact w/ and choose to make ASSumptions. Not targeting you LS, just the others w/ their brand of feral negro excuse making that's overly rhetorical.

That's not my battle, so why post proof? It is what it is. I'm not saying it to make anyone a believer. I'm just stating the reality that exists in college basketball.

That's not my battle, so why post proof? It is what it is. I'm not saying it to make anyone a believer. I'm just stating the reality that exists in college basketball.

That's the point though LS; I deal in reality and if what you and others intimate is real, then we need to report it and get the problem solved quickly (hopefully) via the ncaa. If an entity is cheating, they need to be stopped ala univ of north carolina, syracuse, kentucky lol, et al. I think the ncaa attempts to be stern and fair (hopefully). I'm not into the rumormill anymore. I only desire the real(ity).

That's the point though LS; I deal in reality and if what you and others intimate is real, then we need to report it and get the problem solved quickly (hopefully) via the ncaa. If an entity is cheating, they need to be stopped ala univ of north carolina, syracuse, kentucky lol, et al. I think the ncaa attempts to be stern and fair (hopefully). I'm not into the rumormill anymore. I only desire the real(ity).

That can be your fight, my friend. Honestly, I don't have a problem with it. Every kid has their own best interest at hand. And he has to protect it. If a program is willing to put a university at risk to help that young man achieve his goal who am i to judge? Nobody is being put in the way of physical harm or death, so I don't have a problem with it. But I do understand what you are saying, though, and it is valid.

The bottom line is none of these one-and-done kids are playing at HBCUs or any other mid-major. Period.

Back