Nose Bleeds due to Dry Sinuses

Warndalyn

Postmaster General!!!
Do any of my fellow allergy/sinus sufferers on here deal w/bloody noses? Particular bloody sinuses, meaning each time you blow or wipe your nose it's bleeding...normally due to dryness.

My nose has been bleeding for over a week now...I wonder if I should ask the doctor about it. Maybe I need a humidifier in my room or something. :sick:

YES LORD!!! My noise is so drainny(sp)...I can't even blow my noise without a nose bleed. What I do is, and I know it sounds nasty is stick some tissue in my nose and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Pull it out and I can breath. But it's gets back stuffy. so it's a repeat..better than bleeding you know.

I know the feelin folx....I really dont remember not ever having a runny nose.........
Hell in the morning I dont need an Alarm Clock.........Hell I just wake up sneezing and blowing my nose....that's an unwanted ritual every morning......:bawling:

SLT said:
Plus, my sinuses drain backwards, down my throat.....:sick: :smh:

Yup..got that to...be coughing and spitting up HITS like it ain't funny. LOL..this happend to me yesterday. A cop pulled me over about my tint and while he was talking I spit up something awful. DSN got a little frightened cause the cop popped his hand on his gun. I was thinking...is that HITS alive that I spit up....

I have that problem too, SLT...I can't seem to keep my throat clear. Sperm, I believe I need to invest in one.

Incipience said:
Mine too SLT....I always get sinus infections because of it.

YEs....and not only sinus infections, but mine also drains down into my lungs and make me cough. I then have to go to the doctor to get a cough syrup with a narcotic to get it to stop! :smh:

Dallas is two things in the summer: Hot and humid. A humidifier will only increase the air from 65% humidity to 85%.

You should consider going to the doctor.

My doctor prescribes Nasonex for me, it keeps the nose dry fluids and blood!
nasonex.jpg

pv_symbiotic said:
Dallas is two things in the summer: Hot and humid. A humidifier will only increase the air from 65% humidity to 85%.

You should consider going to the doctor.

Nose bleeds occur most when the air is DRY. I had a problem with nose bleeds all my life until my neighbor (A alum of SU who spent 3 years in Med School in NYC) told me due to dry air and a humidifier would do. If you are, well were like me, your nose bleeds occurred inside your house or job, not outside (where it is HUMID).

It has worked well for both my son and myself.

Da_Sperm said:
Nose bleeds occur most when the air is DRY. I had a problem with nose bleeds all my life until my neighbor (A alum of SU who spent 3 years in Med School in NYC) told me due to dry air and a humidifier would do. If you are, well were like me, your nose bleeds occurred inside your house or job, not outside (where it is HUMID).

It has worked well for both my son and myself.
I agree, although I have not used one a while humidifiers usually makes me breath alot easier. That might be do more to allergies than sinuses

QT, my doctor prescribed the Nasonex for me too...I have that, I just don't use it everyday...maybe I need to start. :uhoh:

That's very true, Sperm. :tup:

MACBFAC, that Allegra doesn't work for me...my system only works w/the Zyrtec products. Trust me honey, my doctor has prescribed it all....:D

My allergies have actually gotten better, since I've been getting the weekly injections, I'm just suffering w/this dry, bloody nose.

Thanks, y'all!

Warndalyn said:
QT, my doctor prescribed the Nasonex for me too...I have that, I just don't use it everyday...maybe I need to start. :uhoh:

!

I don't use everyday either, just when needed. After, a few days I am usually str8t for a while

Back