North versus South

PrettiEyes

High on Life!
Why isn't that the people I meet don't believe that I'm not from the south...I mean I was born and raised most of my life here. I only lived in Japan from the age 6 months to 3 and then Oklahoma from the age 3-6. That was because my dad was ine the military. After my parents divorced, I moved back to my hometown. Alot of the guys say that I don't look like the typical girls from DA GUMP or BAMA period! I mean do you guys just assume that all the girls are ghetto, girls with 2 or 3 kids with fake multi-color weave, wear club outfits all the time. Not all the girls from BAMA are like that....What do you except the girls to look like up North or down South...Explain that!

lemme see if I can breakit down

Well goin to school with females from all over if I look hard enough I can tell there is a difference between a Down South and Up North girl.....for example "style of dress"! If I see a girl with a jean suit on, big azz cuffz on her pants, and some air force ones I know she is either from Chi-town or Detroit. The girls up north love to dress in alotta high priced urban fashion alot more than Down South girls, Im not sayin that girls from the south dont know how to dress....Its just that the girls from up north stand out more. Also the girls from down south are alot nicer off the top rather than a girl from up north that expects you to be about one thing or expect you to just be rude to them.....so I guess you can say there is a difference in attitude too! Ive only dated 2 girls from up North so far ( Detroit to be exact) and I could definitely tell a difference in the type.....

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by PrettiEyes
I mean do you guys just assume that all the girls are ghetto, girls with 2 or 3 kids with fake multi-color weave, wear club outfits all the time.
LOL, you talkin' bout them project gulls. Especially with the wearing the club outfits everyday.

I expect the females from up north to be a little more open than some of the females down south. Also dress a little more provacative. Rockin' the urban wear(for girls). Southern women tend to wear something that shows off their "ass"ets, and at the same time being sexy sophisticated. Also women from the South, I expect to be sweet. All southern women, even the ghetto ones, show southern hospitality now and then. But what I love most about women from the South is that they can cook. Pretti, can you cook?

All southern women, even the ghetto ones, show southern hospitality now and then. But what I love most about women from the South is that they can cook. Pretti, can you cook?

Mr. SWAC, Yes, I can cook! lol...Anyway, I notice that some people can't tell where I'm from sometime and they find it a shock to see that I'm from DA GUMP...I can understand that because I was brought around different people and different cultures. The things I wear are different from the typical clothing styles that people wear in da gump. It's like a combination of stuff of what people wear in the North and South. That's because I'm always trying new things. I'm constantly changing my style.Sometime I have people that'll say, "Where did you get this outfit from because they are hard to find?" I'll say I got it when I was in DC, or whatever I traveled to. In the summer I go on alot of trips and I usually end up buying stuff that I can where in the fall. Besides all that I hate it when people just assuming that ALL people from the South are GHETTO or COUNTRY. I mean, yes people down here like all that gold teeth and all that crazy stuff but HEY THAT'S EVERYWHERE...

PrettiEyes knows why. She has that PROPER little voice with that northern accent.......she doesn't have that typical "gump" countryness about herself.

Originally posted by unknown1
PrettiEyes knows why. She has that PROPER little voice with that northern accent
Don't worry Pretti, I have the same problem. People tell me all the time that I talk proper, or not like I'm from Mobile. Even though I was born here, I moved to Savannah, Ga. when I was 3. That's where I was raised. Lived there for 7 years. Moved back to Mobile when I was 10 in the 4th grade for the last part of the year. Then Moved to Bossier City, Louisiana for a year. After that, we finally moved back to Mobile, where I've been ever since. But by that time, my accent was "non shifting", and has been to this day. I just talk "proper" like how the dictionary pronounces it.:emlaugh:

Originally posted by unknown1
PrettiEyes knows why. She has that PROPER little voice with that northern accent.......she doesn't have that typical "gump" countryness about herself.

LOL...Unknown, you made it sound like it such a bad thing!:bawling: But I still love ya!!!!:wavey:

I wonder what that makes me

I was born and raise In chicago, but I have lived in atlanta for like 8 years... I would split my time between jackson, chicago and atlanta when school was out...

So am I a north or south girl....

Hey I only wear Air 1's ;) unless it is cold and then I rock the tims'

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
In every state and region you will find a little bit of everything. for example individuals who are ghetto, classy,down to earth etc.. Those who fail to think beyond their surroundings will always assume the wrong thing about someone or question them on the way that they act.

Back