NFL moves extra point to 15-yard line

Kenn Rashad

Person In Charge
Staff member
NFL owners have approved the competition committee's proposal on extra points.

The NFL announced the extra point will now be kicked from the 15-yard-line with two-point conversions remaining at the 2-yard-line. The new rule also gives the defense the ability to score two points on returns.

The approved rule was one of three proposals considered by owners Tuesday at the NFL's Spring League Meeting.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000493347/article/nfl-moves-pats-and-2point-conversions

I like this. The extra point will no longer be a chip shot. I don't agree with the two point conversion not being moved back.

I like this. The extra point will no longer be a chip shot. I don't agree with the two point conversion not being moved back.

I kinda sorta agree with this because when the extra point was instituted it was not "automatic". Kickers now are much better than in the beginning of football.

Most won't realize the ramification until the season starts. This is a huge azz deal and will have major impacts on the outcome of every game. 32yd extra points.....WHEW. The good kickers are about to get paid while others will lose their jobs real quick. Kickers are about to start becoming 1st round draft picks.

Back