NFL Coaches on the Bubble

Jag-BR

Go Jags!!!!!!
Who do you think is on the hot seat for getting fired?

I say Jim Haslett!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jump:

C-LeB28 said:
Firing Haslett would only increase the Public Relations nightmare for the Saints right now.

Actually Haslett wants out if he isn't given more control of the decision making in the front office. I wouldn't be shocked to see Haslett let go. Benson aint worried about his image. Besides not many Saints fans will be unhappy to see Haslett and Aaron Brooks gone. That would be the one thing Benson could do that would not piss off Saints fan. Now maybe the rest of the nation may think firing Haslett was wrong. But hell, he aint done nothing to warrant a new contract. In my opinion he is not head coach material.

Now to add to the list. ..............throw in Mike Tice of the Vikings.

Blacknbengal said:
Naw JR, not your man too.

Man, Tice aint never been a JR favorite. All he is good for is sound bites. The Vikes have underachieved under his leadership not to mention he still thinks he is a player. I could go on but I digress. LOL

JR said:
Man, Tice aint never been a JR favorite. All he is good for is sound bites. The Vikes have underachieved under his leadership not to mention he still thinks he is a player. I could go on but I digress. LOL
LoL Well, if Jim Mora dont get his act together, I'll be voting for his dismissal. I really wanted Dennis Green when he was available, but the front office chose otherwise.

I heard on Cold Pizza that If Haslett is gone, than their is talk about the Eagle's Offensive Coordinator!!!! :nod:

P.S If Dennis Green don't get his act together he will not be seen on the sideline. I think he should be gone after that lost to the Houston Texans. (my opinion)

jag4life said:
If the Saints get the #1 pick fire Haslett and hire Mike Martz to do something with Reggie Bush.

If the Saints got the #1 pick which they probably will not, then I would trade the pick for extra picks or players. Bush is the man, but not what the Saints need. The Qb situation is shaky, so trade down a couple and pick up Leinart. Duece when healthy is a good back. Plus you can pick up a decent back later on in the draft to push Duece. Mike Martz might be a fit for you. But heck I would take him here in Minnesota. Then yall can have Mike Tice. LOL.

I am not sold on Leinart. He came back this season not because he liked the college game so much but because he had an injury and didn't want it to get out in NFL workouts. He would have possibly not been the #1 pick last season.

C-Leb, JR is right, firing Haslett would be the first positive PR move to Saints fans from Benson, not that it matters at this point. Actually, if Benson could be fired, his arse would be the first to go.

Haslett has done nothing since his first year with the club, prior to this season he was a 500 coach, who wasted away arguably one of the most talented teams in the league at one point. There's no discipline, no organization, and no fear of losing jobs. He's a bad evaluator of talent, and his judgement during critical times during games are very questionable.

Along with Haslett being on the hotseat, throw in Mike Martz, Dom Capers, Norv Turner, Mike Sherman, and maybe, just maybe Brian Bilick. The honeymoon is definitely over for him in B'more; after the Ravens won the Superbowl, the team has been on a downward spiral, and have underachieved for the past 2 seasons, and now that Cincinnati has past them by, by former Ravens DC Marvin Lewis, it's not looking good for Bilick up in B'more.

I would have Tice on my list, but you never know with them, especially the way they've finished up. The new owner may have had enough of the Tice Show though.

NICE

The entire Houston Texans Staff which includes the GM. Time to just start all over again......

Fiyah said:
The entire Houston Texans Staff which includes the GM. Time to just start all over again......

You'll probably get your wish. There are only 3 teams I see right now that will definitely make changes, Detroit, Houston, and St. Louis, and two of those three have already made changes. Minnesota (Tice probably needed to make the playoffs to even have a shot at staying), Dallas (Parcells steps down, especially if Dallas doesn't make the playoffs), and Kansas City (Vermiel is likely headed for retirement, again) are the next three I would look for to have new coaches. Haslett is a tough one to call, the team has gone through so much this year, but his teams have underacheived since 2000. As the Saints' play-by-play team noted on Saturday, the difference between this 3-win team and Mike Ditka's 3-win team his last year is that this team actually has talent. There are a ton of coaches who will probably survive this year but will be on the hot seat for 2006, Brian Billick, Jeff Fisher, Norv Turner (although you never can tell with Al Davis), Mike Sherman, Mike Mularkey, Marty Schottenheimer (the Chargers might just be the most talented team ever to miss the playoffs) Herm Edwards, and Dennis Green.

Back