NBA Free agency rumors and trades

Mc6z1WC.gif

They should not have resigned Ginobili. That guy is done. His few minutes a game could go to a younger player.

The Spurs are a loyal organization. On top of that, with Joseph and Belinelli gone and no real options available, they sort of need Ginobili.

They could have signed a younger veteran or rookie free-agent. Ginobili barely can move.
Dude was a turnover machine in the playoffs. He'll make a good play every now and then, but then he would do something so crazy later in the game.

What veteran is available? If you're stuck depending on an undrafted rookie to play a big role, you're already in trouble.

But Ginobili no longer plays a big role. He comes off the bench for about 10-15 minutes a game. A young rookie free-agent or veteran can easily do that.

It looks like my Spurs got this under control. There is a reason Spurs brought back Ginobili. Folks are looking at the tangible details and not what Spurs is creating with the setup. Spurs is a different kind of operation.

That's for your concern, but we're good.

But Ginobili no longer plays a big role. He comes off the bench for about 10-15 minutes a game. A young rookie free-agent or veteran can easily do that.

Ginobili played 23 minutes a game last year, that's a sizable number for a bench player. Even the best rookies struggle. If an undrafted free agent was ready to contribute to a team with championship aspirations, he wouldn't have gone undrafted. When you're deep in the playoffs, even 10 bad minutes is enough to sink your chances. You still didn't give actual options of who the Spurs could have gotten, especially considering their lack of cap space.

It looks like my Spurs got this under control. There is a reason Spurs brought back Ginobili. Folks are looking at the tangible details and not what Spurs is creating with the setup. Spurs is a different kind of operation.

That's for your concern, but we're good.

I understand exactly why he was brought back. Loyalty and sentimental reasons aside, they didn't have many alternatives. That being said, you're going to need plenty of depth to survive the West. This is especially true for a team like the Spurs that likes to rest its veterans. That's a big deal when you're playing in what's arguably the best division in modern basketball history. I know history states that the Spurs will find guys, sprinkle some magic Spur dust on them and make them awesome in that system, but at the moment, the Spurs don't have much depth on the wings.

Understandable. It's also a timing thing. Spurs like to reload, than recreate. There is a good chance the Spurs needed another year to find a strong replacement for G. Just like they did for Tim with LMA, which took about 10yrs.(there was some crazy matrix to it the logic)Two years will give us the Spurs of the future.

Understandable. It's also a timing thing. Spurs like to reload, than recreate. There is a good chance the Spurs needed another year to find a strong replacement for G. Just like they did for Tim with LMA, which took about 10yrs.(there was some crazy matrix to it the logic)Two years will give us the Spurs of the future.

Long-term they're clearly set up to retool around Aldridge and Leonard, but some questions do remain for the coming season. I'd argue there wasn't anything ingenious about the Aldridge signing from the Spurs perspective. It was simply a matter of opportunity and circumstance. If Matthews doesn't get hurt and Portland has a better postseason, perhaps the opportunity doesn't arise. Still, that is the story of sports, and now the Spurs are set to contend for the rest of the decade.

I was looking at the age break down of the Spurs on espn. Crazy how the big3 are being retooled by guys practically 10yrs younger. Basically a mentorship program going on. Lol. Love these Spurs.

I was looking at the age break down of the Spurs on espn. Crazy how the big3 are being retooled by guys practically 10yrs younger. Basically a mentorship program going on. Lol. Love these Spurs.

Big picture, it shows how small moves matter in building a team, opposed to swinging for the fences a la the Lakers and Knicks. Think back to the George Hill for Leonard swap. Even though Leonard was considered a top 7 talent in that draft, I don't think many people foresaw him becoming perhaps the best 2-way player in the league even before he's reached his prime. Those are the types of moves that set you up to attract major free agents.

Back