NBA Free agency rumors and trades

5oCblsd.gif

Welp. I wasn't picking GS to come out the West anyway with KD (assuming he comes back 100%) and Westbrook making 1 last run with OKC and the Spurs. Now that they got Alridge and could get West coming off the bench, it's gonna be even tougher.

Hibbert to the Lakers? Could be the fresh start he needed with the Paul George drama. If Randle comes back healthy as well as Kobe, they could make it interesting for the 8th seed.

Welp. I wasn't picking GS to come out the West anyway with KD (assuming he comes back 100%) and Westbrook making 1 last run with OKC and the Spurs. Now that they got Alridge and could get West coming off the bench, it's gonna be even tougher.

Hibbert to the Lakers? Could be the fresh start he needed with the Paul George drama. If Randle comes back healthy as well as Kobe, they could make it interesting for the 8th seed.

Golden State had one of the seven or eight best regular seasons of all time, now they're coming back with championship experience. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss their chances. Even with Aldridge, the Spurs have to replace some depth, and OKC has its own set of questions.

As far as the Lakers are concerned, Hibbert can help their defense but he isn't going to be an offensive centerpiece. Kobe is declining and hasn't been healthy for three years, and Randle is still basically a rookie. It's hard to see how they can be 25-30 games better this year, which is what they would need to be to fight for a playoff spot.

Golden State had one of the seven or eight best regular seasons of all time, now they're coming back with championship experience. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss their chances. Even with Aldridge, the Spurs have to replace some depth, and OKC has its own set of questions.

As far as the Lakers are concerned, Hibbert can help their defense but he isn't going to be an offensive centerpiece. Kobe is declining and hasn't been healthy for three years, and Randle is still basically a rookie. It's hard to see how they can be 25-30 games better this year, which is what they would need to be to fight for a playoff spot.

Byron Scott is going to ha e to earn his keep for sure

The Lakers will have a formidable starting lineup with the edition of Roy Hilbert and return of Julius Randle.

Can't leave out the Rockets either. They return pretty much their entire team that went to the Western Conference Finals. All they need is a decent point guard. If they are able to swing a deal for someone like Ty Lawson or even someone like Mario Chalmers. Or maybe sign away Corey Joseph or Patty Mills from the Spurs don't count them out.

Last edited:
The Lakers will have a formidable starting lineup with the edition of Roy Hilbert and return of Julius Randle.

Our dictionaries must define formidable differently. Hibbert can anchor a defense, but his peak offensive output is 13 and 9. People are mentioning Randle like he's a proven 20 and 10 guy. This is someone who has literally scored 2 points in the league. Russell is going to struggle as a rookie, because that's just what happens to rookies. Kobe has finished the last 3 seasons in street clothes and his efficiency, which was never great, is rapidly declining. Their options are SF are nondescript. Winning 30 games would be an accomplishment.

Can't leave out the Rockets either. They return pretty much their entire team that went to the Western Conference Finals. All they need is a decent point guard. If they are able to swing a deal for someone like To Lawson or even someone like Mario Chalmers. Or maybe sign away Corey Joseph or Patty Mills from the Spurs don't count them out.

They really don't have the assets to trade for Lawson, and none of the other guys are upgrades over Beverly. The Rockets are a clear playoff team, but I think they're a move or two away from truly contending.

Back