Nate Newton - busted again for drugs

T

The Panther Fan

Newton Arrested Again With Large Amount of Drugs
Allegedly Transporting Marijuana

By JOEL ANDERSON
.c The Associated Press

DALLAS (Dec. 12) -- Former Dallas Cowboys lineman Nate Newton was arrested Wednesday on charges of carrying at least 175 pounds of marijuana, his second such arrest in six weeks.

Newton, facing a federal charge of possession with intent to distribute marijuana, was being held at the Lew Sterrett Justice Center pending action by prosecutors, Dallas County Sheriff's Department spokesman Don Peritz said.

On Nov. 4, Newton was arrested in Louisiana after police said they found 213 pounds of marijuana in a van he was driving. He was released on $100,000 bond on charges of suspicion of possessing marijuana with intent to distribute.

Peritz said Drug Enforcement Administration agents flagged down Dallas County officers on a highway Wednesday to seek help stopping two vehicles that were traveling together.

Newton and two other men were arrested. Further details of the arrest were not immediately disclosed.

Newton is a six-time Pro Bowl offensive lineman who helped Dallas win three Super Bowls. He spent 14 seasons in the NFL, 13 with Dallas. He retired last year after a season with Carolina.

The 39-year-old Newton worked last year as a commentator on ESPN radio and more recently was an analyst for some BET television college football broadcasts.

Nate Newton is again in the news!

I do not know too much about Ellis County, Texas. (I have just passed through the area.) But I know that the I-10 stretch east of Lafayette, LA is not the place for a Black man to be caught for anything-PERIOD! Then again East Elijay, GA or anyplace in the north Georgia mountains is not a place that a Black man should be stopped for doing something crazy either.

http://msn.espn.go.com/nfl/news/2001/1212/1294899.html

-----

Wednesday, December 12

Newton arrested second time in six weeks

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DALLAS -- Former Dallas Cowboy Nate Newton and two other men were arrested Wednesday on felony drug charges after two vehicles were stopped in Ellis County, the Dallas County Sheriff's Department said.

All three remained in the Lew Sterrett Justice Center late Wednesday, pending action by federal prosecutors, said spokesman Don Peritz.

Newton's arrest was the second in less than six weeks for the offensive lineman, who retired from pro football after the 1999 season.

At least 175 pounds of marijuana was found when officers stopped the two vehicles Wednesday afternoon on southbound Interstate 45 near Palmer, Peritz said. He said he did not know a breakdown of who was in which vehicle or in which vehicle or vehicles the marijuana was found.

Newton, 39, of East Ellijay, Ga., and the other two men were charged with possession with intent to distribute marijuana, a federal charge, Peritz said.

A Nov. 4 arrest in St. Martin Parish, La., involved more than 200 pounds of marijuana.

In the Louisiana case, Newton was released on $100,000 on bond on a state charge of suspicion of possessing marijuana with intent to distribute.

In November on Interstate 10, about 110 miles west of New Orleans, authorities said Newton was driving the van that allegedly was weaving across the road when it was stopped.

Newton's lawyer in the Louisiana case, Howard Shapiro, said Wednesday night he hadn't been contacted by Newton and didn't know the circumstances surrounding the latest charges.

"I don't know why I'm not hearing from him," Shapiro said. "I've represented him in everything he's ever been involved in before. I have no reason not to believe I'm not representing him now."

Drug Enforcement Administration agents Wednesday flagged down Dallas County officers on I-635 in Dallas to ask for help in stopping the two vehicles, according to Peritz.

"By the time the deputies determined they were actually federal agents, they caught up to the vehicles and stopped them just inside Ellis County, as they left Dallas County," Peritz said.

Peritz had no information on what prompted DEA agents to the two vehicles.

Deputies did not indicate that the three men put up any resistance, Peritz said.

Also charged are Charles Deaundra Howard, 25, from Garland and Bruce Freeman-Canady, 30, from Jacksonville, Fla.

Shapiro said he's not quite sure what Newton's latest arrest could mean to his Louisiana case and vice-versa.

"I don't even want to speculate on this," Shapiro said. "An initial reaction is that it would probably have an adverse effect."

Newton played on three Super Bowl champion teams for the Cowboys. He played for the Carolina Panthers in 1999.

Newton began with the Cowboys in 1986 after the USFL folded. He became a six-time Pro Bowl selection and an integral part of the massive line that powered the Cowboys offense to titles after the 1992, 1993 and 1995 seasons.

What a dayum shame...

Palmer is just south of Dallas (IH45). Ellis county is where Ennis and other small towns dwell.

1 word describes Nate: Dumbass.

From the Penthouse to the Outhouse, a rising star commentating on football on ESPN and BET is having his star dimmed.

Actually, I really meant to say the northeast Georgia mountains. There are very few Black people living in that area. Anyway, where ever he was caught or lives, I am glad that I am not in his shoes.

Lock his azz up!

What More Can I Say?:D</font></h5>

Originally posted by C-LeB28
It's the Cowboy legacy. He's just upholding tradition.

Granted everyone who wears a Cowboy uniform isn't perfect, however the number of those who have had serious errors in judgement is rather small when looking at the big picture. Right? Say yes!:D

This is so _ _ d!:( This guy really needs help. :idea: Maybe, Deion Sanders and M. C. Hammer can help him find his way?

400 lbs in three weeks and he still riiding!

Hmm??? Using the same setup each time, two vehicle traveling
together and getting flagged down by the police?

Nate is trying to singlehandely end the drug supply trade. He must be the bust man!

DIDN'T HE GO TO JACKSON STATE????LOL...
HE'D FIT IN NICELY WITH THE SUPER 7!!!!!!!LOLOLOL:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Ha Ha Ha! NOT!!

No, Big Gig, THIS LOSER is a MEAC loser, courtesy of F'U!

He needs his arse beat. This clown actually spoke at a school a few years back talking about how bad drugs "is" :rolleyes:

STOOOPIIIID!!

I luv my Cowboys, but....

I just hope that they did'nt find all that Dope during a BODY CAVITY SEARCH....
If they pulled down his pants they would find about....
300lbs of CRACK !!!
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Back