My thoughts on the NBA Finals so far....

These are mine. Feel free to add yours...

(1) Dwayne Wade is a true beast. I think he is just as talented as Carmelo and Lebron, and probably more mentally tough to boot. His offensive game mirrors MJ's more than anyone else.

(2) I'm losing respect for Dirk Novitzki's game. True scorers can handle double-teams (e.g. His Airness, AI, Kobe, D-Wade, Lebron). Dirk can't...point blank. His shooting is Bird-like, but he whines and flops tooooo much.

(3) The refs have been too inconsistent, but to neither team's advantage.

(4) Having Stackhouse in Game 5 probably wouldn't have help the Mavs. Jason Terry would probably not have 35 points if Stackhouse was in the game. See Game 4.

(5) I love Avery Johnson, but I hate the Hack-A-Shaq!! I don't think it ever works and you get the other team in the bonus. I also think is poor basketball execution and borders on desperation.

(6) Devin Harris will be a star...'nuff said.

That's enough for now.

7) Too much damn whining from the Mavs fans.

8) Correction: Dirk can handle double teams. There is nobody on the Mavs team that I would rather shoot it on a game winner.

9) It's way TOO MANY NBA Finals threads around here. lol Sheesh.

But, no knock on your thread though.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Mr. SWAC said:
8) Correction: Dirk can handle double teams. There is nobody on the Mavs team that I would rather shoot it on a game winner.

:tup:

That big German is a killa! Did you see what he did to Shaq and Posey on that double team to tie game 5 up before the overtime? :eek:

...and...the officiating HAS been horrible on BOTH sides.

10. If the Heat is to win this series, they better do it tonight, cause it'll be lights out for them in a game 7.

11. Mavs players, owner, and fans cry, beyotch, and moan too much.

14. Mark Cuban has done this since he bought the team. I hate him for influencing that Shaq FT rule and love him for being Phil's beyotch,

15) Mark Cuban will be paying some refs for game 6.

16) Who else doesnt want Gary Patton to win a ring?

17. Mark Cuban is HATED by the refs, because of the tapes he sends in on them after EVERY game (regular season too) so no amount of money can buy them for him.

mighty hornet said:
18. I hate ABC has the rights to the Finals. The announcers are not finals material.
I wanted to hear Charles and Kenny commentate the Finals. Why does it has to be on ABC? They dont even have a good signal. Their channel looks blurred with static or something.

mighty hornet said:
18. I hate ABC has the rights to the Finals. The announcers are not finals material.

Some folks said the same about Bob Costas when NBC had them. I know one thing...I liked NBC's NBA theme music much better!

When Al Michaels cut out for NBC (Sunday Night Football coming up in Sept.) that left a void there. I think I might have actually preferred Brent Musberger as the play by play. Breen is ok. He moved over to ABC from NBC with the NBA tv contract. He has a distinctive voice. I think it will take some time for the viewers to get used to him as pbp for the NBA Finals. Hubie Brown is well.....Hubie Brown. :|

AAMU Alum said:
Some folks said the same about Bob Costas when NBC had them. I know one thing...I liked NBC's NBA theme music much better!

When Al Michaels cut out for NBC (Sunday Night Football coming up in Sept.) that left a void there. I think I might have actually preferred Brent Musberger as the play by play. Breen is ok. He moved over to ABC from NBC with the NBA tv contract. He has a distinctive voice. I think it will take some time for the viewers to get used to him as pbp for the NBA Finals. Hubie Brown is well.....Hubie Brown. :|

The best team was Marv Albert, Bill Walton, and Snapper Jones. :tup: I miss Bill Walton's babbling and rambling statements and Snapper telling him, "What the heck are you talking about?" Good times....:nod2:

19. Win or lose this series, the Heat needs to blow up their perimeter, because quick guards expose them.

20. Udonis Haslem is tuuuuurible!!!!!!!!!!!! (all he has to do is consistently hit a 15 ft'er and he can't do that. He shouldn't be a starter.

21. Shaq isn't getting credit for actually playing defense and rebounding

22. The Heat need a 3rd CONSISTENT scorer. (They need to get D-Wade a running mate, preferrably someone with good 3-point range.)

22. Pat Riley play more of your bench! ( Wayne Simien was a beast in college, but now he can't even smell the court.) The Pistons were doing Tayshaun Prince like that till they had to put him out there, and then he showed them he could play.

23. Josh Howard is a really good player, I liked him when he was at Wake

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
12. Dallas will win in 7 games!!!!!--Co-sign!!!

13. I get the feeling that Antoine Walker actually THINKS he's good. Double Co-sign!!!

16) Who else doesnt want Gary Patton to win a ring? you aint the only one!!!

I'd rather see Karl Malone get one before GP. Toine is garbage even though he went to Kentucky. And White Chocolate will become irratic as well as D Wade will get nervous and go cold tonight...

And I hate the hack-a-shaq as well...:tdown:

Mr. Tiger said:
The best team was Marv Albert, Bill Walton, and Snapper Jones. :tup: I miss Bill Walton's babbling and rambling statements and Snapper telling him, "What the heck are you talking about?" Good times....:nod2:
I agree with you Mr.Tiger (first time for everything :lol: )

Bill Walton used to irritate me with his foolishness, but it made it more interesting, esp. with Snapper saying how foolish the foolishness was. Along with Marv and his signature "Yesssss"

Devil's Gun Trigger Man said:
20. Udonis Haslem is tuuuuurible!!!!!!!!!!!! (all he has to do is consistently hit a 15 ft'er and he can't do that. He shouldn't be a starter.

Thank you, I thought I was the only one that noticed that. That dude may have been hot at Florida, but he is so WoWo now. Im mad that the Miami Herald has this fools picture on the side of their building.

it was the funniest when Bill Walton starts talking about "shrinkage", then Snapper is like you know that voice Snapper gets when Bill says something stupid, "Bill what exactly is shrinkage?"

Devil's Gun Trigger Man said:
Dude, you need to quit right there. I thought the Heat would have traded this dude last season. This dude sucks...........MAJOR. I dont understand why they kept him when they could have gotten a quality trade or draft pick for him. Now he has shown the world how bad he really is.

I'm just saying they won't let Wayne Simien or Earl Barron hit the floor, and both of them have size and athleticism to help get rebounds, block shots and things of that sort. It's terrible that Michael Doleac can shoot better than Haslem.

Back