Staff member
2015 Mississippi Valley State football schedule

Sept. 5 at University of New Mexico
Sept. 12 Southern University (H)
Sept. 19 at Alcorn State University
Sept. 26 Alabama State University (H)
Oct. 3 at Jacksonville State University
Oct. 10 at Prairie View A & M University
Oct. 17 Texas Southern University (Homecoming 2015)
Oct. 24 at Grambling State University
Oct. 31 Jackson State University (H)
Nov. 7 at Alabama A & M University
Nov. 21 University of Arkansas-Pine Bluff (H)
Dec. 5 SWAC Football Championship

I know, they get 0 breaks through the first 6 games. They will be playing 4 of the top SWAC teams and 2 tough non-conference opponents.
Every SWAC game is tough. No 1 is head and shoulders above the other.

What's tough about this schedule is Valley doesn't have a week off after their 1st game until Nov. 14.

What's tough about this schedule is Valley doesn't have a week off after their 1st game until Nov. 14.

This.

Now you see why some schools schedule Concordia or one of those Faith schools. But I like it. UNM is a FBS school but not a good one so it's not one of those sacrificial lamb money games. The other JSU is a good FCS school that can be a measuring stick game for us.

One thing for sure: we are going to find out what we are made of real quick in the SWAC with those first 4 conference games. Having a senior dual threat QB and a crop of sophomore WRs who got broken in last year is a plus in year 2 of the Comegy experiment

I applaud MVSU for putting together a very formidable schedule! Although, I don't think it will be kind to you it does raise the bar on expectations. Best of luck OOC.

its a tough schedule but who is the DC and OC! No Returning Top Players on No Side of the Ball! I believe if Comegy had the exact staff he had @ JSU, if Valley had a QB ( Experienced in the SWAC) and at least 4 great defense players would be a SWAC contender this year! I'm going to check out yall spring game if its streamed this year! Yall doing the Most with Comegy!

Tough schedule. You never know what a team has until the season starts, but victories look like they will be tough to come by until the Texas Southern game.

But I think Comegy will put together a pretty scrappy team this season. Looking at Valley's roster, they had a bunch of underclassmen last season. They had 33 freshmen on the roster last year. It'll be interesting to see if those players developed any from last season.

Tough schedule, but I respect it! The out of conference games may be lopsided, but the players will benefit because those are the games pro scouts look at. If teams want to get their players to the pros, games like this helps out tremendously.

Tough schedule, but I respect it! The out of conference games may be lopsided, but the players will benefit because those are the games pro scouts look at. If teams want to get their players to the pros, games like this helps out tremendously.

Says who? Do New Mexico and Jacksonville send players to the pros. Sometimes you all just make up stuff to say for the sake of saying something... smh

Brutal schedule. UNM is a rebuilding FBSer. I haven't looked their returning roster over but I'll bet a dime to a dollar you find a LOT of Texas HS kids on their roster. They recruit here like crazy, as do others. Just on that aspect alone, I'm sure they'll hang 50+ on Valley. I sincerely hope Valley runs the ball a LOT to keep the clock running so that the game is not elongated but is shortened. JaxSt will be a tough opponent as well. They are annually a contender for the OVC crown and didn't they go undefeated last fall w/ a lot of returnees expected? Hmmmmmmmmm....

0-11? Don't y'all play Valley this year?

images

W/ Bama St and PVAMU having new coaching staffs coupled w/ no spring practice, I wonder if Valley will get a small reprieve in those 2 games, during that first half of season?

W/ Bama St and PVAMU having new coaching staffs coupled w/ no spring practice, I wonder if Valley will get a small reprieve in those 2 games, during that first half of season?

I would think that early on, they should catch PV still trying to figure things out and with no stadium our home games won't really be home

We've had some ugly games W's against Valley. Our defense will have to carry us until our offense gets on track. We are pretty much running the same schemes on offense and defense.

You talking and dont even know if ASU would have a football team after this year nor a stadium which will be repossessed(repoed)
Dude stay on topic. This topic is about Valley and nobody from JSU should try to talk down on them especially what happened last season.

Back