Most anticipated football matchups in 2015

Tigerpride

THE Logical ONE
#1 Alcorn vs Grambling: Was Grambling real or fake in 2014? Will the Alcorn offense impress under Fred Kaiss? On top of that..it's Homecoming on the Reservation!

#2 Grambling vs Southern: Last year's game put the BC back on the map! Im sure GSU still has a bitter taste in their mouth. Will SU be able to put a decent team on the field with so many NCAA penalties lingering.

#3 JSU vs Southern: BOTH teams could be at a crossroad. Will JSU return to championship form? Will SU remain in contention for the WEST title. This early season match-up will be piviotal to BOTH teams.

#4 Magic City Classic: Can Brian Jenkins get the W? Will the pistol offense ever work in Normal? Will either team contend for the EAST title?

#5 Jackson State vs Grambling: This was a staggering, embarrassing and unexpected loss for the JSU Tigers last year. To have a good season, some games are must wins. This is one of them.

Honorable mentions:

PV vs TxSo: Can Simmons knock of Asberry and Shannon in year one?
JSU vs Valley: Slick Rick vs OMJ (Part Two)! Will JSU lose back to back games to Valley for the first time since ummmm ever? or will the Delta Devils get embarrassed. Will OMJ be allowed back in Jackson if he loses?
Alcorn vs SU: If SU is a contender, this game will go a long way at getting them back to Houston.
SCG: No matter who is playing this year, I think the game is on solid ground and should be added to the list of "must see/must go to" games for any real SWAC fan.

Last edited:
Are you basing it on attendance?

PV vs SU
Alcorn vs Bama State

Should also be mentioned.

Are you basing it on attendance?

PV vs SU
Alcorn vs Bama State

Should also be mentioned.

Nah...not on attendance.

Oh yeah.. BAMA State and Alcorn should be good too. LOL

PV vs SU is a real "up in the air" type situation but it might be interesting to see PV vs Alcorn to see how Simmons can counteract his old defense.

TP,

The no spring practice sanction this year is the last of those sanctions the NCAA hit Southern with in 2012. Southern already complied with the other sanctions. http://theadvocate.com/sports/11527309-32/no-spring-ends-sus-12
—————————————————————————————

I really want to see what Simmons does with PV. With Herbert and possibly Courtney Brown back from tearing up his knee prior to last season, that would give his offense a good foundation. I still feel if Courtney Brown were healthy last season (and PV could make some stops on defense) PV would've won the West.

Alcorn vs Jackson State I believe And hope this game decides the East.. Jackson State had a good team just missed opportunities,. plus I wanna see how alcorn bounces back

Most anticipated football matchups

Everybody vs jsu: jsu will get tossed around like the Kardashian's in the hip hop community. The real question is how long will deacon mudbone last? I say 3-4 games.

SU vs GSU: Always a great matchup

Alcorn vs GSU: Will be very competitive

SU vs Alcorn 1 & 2: Grudge match

Bama St vs AAMU: Both teams will be much better and always a competitive game.

Alcorn vs Jackson State I believe And hope this game decides the East.. Jackson State had a good team just missed opportunities,. plus I wanna see how alcorn bounces back
The same team who got dominated in all phases of the game versus our young squad? :eek:

That no spring practice is really going to hurt Southern the first part of the season.

The players can still do 7 on 7, lift weights and receive individual instructions and what not. The only plus I see from no spring is the team will be relatively healthy coming into fall camp.

This year's Southern team will be the most experienced team we've had since Pete got got. But no spring hurts for sure.

I want to see how JSU performs the first 3 games will tell the season! 1-3,2-1 or 3-0 They will be good I'm eager to see how this team put the TNSU 35-7 L behind them! Can SU finally beat JSU back in BR since 05? it's going to be some very tough games in the SWAC 2015 or some blow outs! I keep telling yall the West and East Records gone be about even a lot of 5-4 or 6-3! Important conference games make a difference this year! If JSU can win @ AAMU, SU, Valley, ( home against Alabama State and Alcorn, Grambling or Texas Southern ) will win the EAST!

I must agree, Grambling vs the little Indians will be a great game, but Im really forward to New Orleans, the 2015 Bayou Classic will be a barnburner

SU vs JSU, Alcorn, Grambling

Grambling vs JSU, Alcorn, SU

Alcorn vs JSU, SU, Grambling, Valley

JSU vs Alcorn, Bama State, MvSU, SU,

AAMU vs Alabama State

Bama State vs everyone - most hate Jenkins

Grambling vs JSU isn't exciting anymore, we win 80% of the time and beating them is no different than beating valley ! I look forward to SU PV and Alcorn!

JROCK Pic Em!!!

1) Southern U. vs. Grambling State....West Championship
2) Alabama A&M vs. Alabama State....Winner has inside track to challenge Alcorn
3) Alcorn State vs. Southern U....rematch of SCG possible SCG Preview
4) Grambling State vs. Alcorn State...Match up of 2 of the best 3 teams in the SWAC
5) Jackson State vs. Southern U....This game will seal OMJ fate

Grambling/Southenn. After that classic BC, if both teams are good this year, they're packing out the Superdome

AAMU/ASU. IF Jenkins is the coach, the Hornets are going to be wanting revenge after losing to a young Bulldogs team and their season getting derailed

Alcorn/Grambling. Alcorn got the rings but one of those two L's in the SWAC came from Grambling. Hopson gets them on the Reservation. Packed house.

Oh yeah... this

JROCK Pic Em!!!

1) Southern U. vs. Grambling State....West Championship
2) Alabama A&M vs. Alabama State....Winner has inside track to challenge Alcorn
3) Alcorn State vs. Southern U....rematch of SCG possible SCG Preview
4) Grambling State vs. Alcorn State...Match up of 2 of the best 3 teams in the SWAC
5) Jackson State vs. Southern U....This game will seal OMJ fate

Let me be the first to say, The 3rd Game of the Year will not seal King Jackson's fate, 2-1,1-2 or 0-3! If we don't win the 1st game we will be 2-1 after Baton Rouge This Year!

Grambling/Southenn. After that classic BC, if both teams are good this year, they're packing out the Superdome

AAMU/ASU. IF Jenkins is the coach, the Hornets are going to be wanting revenge after losing to a young Bulldogs team and their season getting derailed

Alcorn/Grambling. Alcorn got the rings but one of those two L's in the SWAC came from Grambling. Hopson gets them on the Reservation. Packed house.

Oh yeah... this

The nerve to post!

Jackson State vs Mississippi Valley St.

Record: 54-6-2

Fool Bye even if you won the next 47 years still would not pass the record!

Fool Bye even if you won the next 47 years still would not pass the record!

Awww... the little Tiger kitten is letting his feelings out. Still won't change the score board from October but hey let em out. Holding in those emotions leads to stress.

Early Quote from DC Alonzo Lee "We're going to fight defensively. That's my bread and butter," Lee said. "I don't believe in tacklers; I believe in hitters. If you're banging that (running) back, by the fourth quarter he's starting to tip. If you're just tackling him, he's still going to be running his butt off in the fourth quarter."

Back